Chrome Fuel Fill Door

How many of you have the Chrome fuel door?

Is it only a dealer item? I see it on the Mopar parts web-site.

Did you install it yourself?...Easy...Hard?

Thanks....Caper......

I bought one from my dealership and installed it the second day of ownership. Seen them on Ebay but don't know if the quality is the same. The mopar piece is pricey but also of very good quality. Easy to install...only 2 screws...you remove the original with the hinged bracket and replace in kind. Just put some painters tape around the front edge of the quarter panel so you don't scratch your paint - removing is a bit tricky.

Haven't seen another Journey in Winnipeg with one...I like having it because it's easy to identify my own car from others. I added it plus the chrome mirror covers which I love, and also some R/T badges on the fenders to make it my own. Sets it apart from the pack...

post-3336-0-40615000-1322451017_thumb.jp

post-3336-0-87428400-1322451207_thumb.jp

Edited by Geer

How many of you have the Chrome fuel door?

Is it only a dealer item? I see it on the Mopar parts web-site

Did you install it yourself?...Easy...Hard?

Thanks....Caper......

I have one, got it from the dealer, they did the unstall took about 15 mins., gave me the old cover and looking at the old cover it was a very simple install. Here is what it looks like on a white car. Haven't seen another Journey in Regina with one... I too added it plus the chrome mirror covers,some R/T badges on the fenders as well as some 'Buick" Portholes to make it my own. Sets it apart from the pack...

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?/gallery/image/279-dscn0070.jpg

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I bought one from my dealership and installed it the second day of ownership. Seen them on Ebay but don't know if the quality is the same. The mopar piece is pricey but also of very good quality. Easy to install...only 2 screws...you remove the original with the hinged bracket and replace in kind. Just put some painters tape around the front edge of the quarter panel so you don't scratch your paint - removing is a bit tricky.

Haven't seen another Journey in Winnipeg with one...I like having it because it's easy to identify my own car from others. I added it plus the chrome mirror covers which I love, and also some R/T badges on the fenders to make it my own. Sets it apart from the pack...

Looks great, I think I will look into those for my White gold DJ. I noticed that you don`t have the front licence plate bracket. The dealer will have them in stock now and since you come from a province that requires a front plate they should have given you one. I know they were not available when the new 2011 front end came out but they have them now. The part number is 68140112AA .