New interior on the R/T

I ordered a 2012 Dodge Journey R/T on 10-22-11. The printout of my order says that the interior has "leather trimmed seats; black / red". The press release for the 2012's that was sent out several weeks ago says that the 2012 R/T's have "black leather seats with red accent stitching". The 2012 Dodge fabric & wheel guide that was sent out this week says that the R/T seats are "strobe / seduso red cloth". I called my dealer to ask "which is it?"; they're calling their factory rep or the factory itself to get to the bottom of it... all my dealer knows is that "something ain't right". I know that the 2011 R/T's had black and red cloth seats, but I was under the impression that those had been discontinued (I wish I could get those seats). I wonder what the new seats look like?

2012 Dodge Journey press release: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/01/2012-dodge-journey-also-gets-3-000-price-slash/

2012 Dodge Fabric & Wheel guide: https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/v7fleet/StaticFiles/files/general/12MY_DG_FWG.pdf

Edited by pantheman75

• 2 months later...

In Canada, the R/T comes with full black leather seating and you don't get the red stitching and R/T logo until you order the R/T Rallye trim.

I ordered this, they upcharge the Rallye trim by $500 and DELETE the roof racks. I wanted the roof rack and negotiated it back in my order for no extra charge.

I'm going to my dealer today to have a look at a 2012 R/T with the 8.4 nav screen that just came in.

My journey won't be delivered until mid March.

Cheers!

Chris