U-connect Hands Free

I originally posted back in march 2011, that my journey would be equipped with the hands free u-connect option. Up until this point nothing has happened , been to the dealership a few times for oil changes and have inquired each time to be told that they had no new info on this issue and that the parts are not even available on their website yet.

Has anyone else here heard anything different ? if so please post away !!

• Official Dodge Support

I originally posted back in march 2011, that my journey would be equipped with the hands free u-connect option. Up until this point nothing has happened , been to the dealership a few times for oil changes and have inquired each time to be told that they had no new info on this issue and that the parts are not even available on their website yet.

Geurny,

If you are talking about the voice recognition function then I would refer you to the Infotainment thread that this issue has been talked about at length. In a nutshell, if your radio does not have the hardware built in from the factory there is no way this functionality can be added at this time. While the people I have talked to here at Chrysler do not rule out some type of hardware upgrade in the future, I do not see how they will ever be able to add hardware to an existing radio. Of course I am not an engineer, but I have never seen it done.If it was a simple software upgrade that would be a different story. I will post any new developments on this issue when I get them, but I do not see how they could possibly do it. Sorry for the bad news.....

Im not sure what you mean by hardware. Im guessing all they would have to do is replace rear view mirror, add buttons onto steering wheel or replace it with new one and upgrade the software on the radio or replace the radio as well . Any installer would be able to do this. Thats what ive been told anyway.

Obtaining the parts seem to be the only problem at the moment , so they say.

• Official Dodge Support

Im not sure what you mean by hardware. Im guessing all they would have to do is replace rear view mirror, add buttons onto steering wheel or replace it with new one and upgrade the software on the radio or replace the radio as well . Any installer would be able to do this. Thats what ive been told anyway.

Obtaining the parts seem to be the only problem at the moment , so they say.

Geurny,

Did they give you the part numbers? If you get them to me I will check on the holdup and find out when they will be available.

• Official Dodge Support

No I havent been able to obtain them , supposedly the hold up is due t the earthquake in japan. So they are taking care of the preordered vehicles first.

No matter who is going to get them first, the dealer must still have the order placed. To place the order the dealer must have the part numbers and then the orders are filled, based on priority. While it may be true that pre-orders will receive the first batch once the backorder on the parts clear, there is no reason the dealer cannot give you the part numbers. I would suggest you contact the Customer Assistance Center in Canada at 800-465-2001 to get your issues documented and let them get with the dealer to resolve your issue.

I brought a Dodge Journey back in April, and I was under the impression it was equiped with a hand free option; well the dealership told me they would order the part for the hands free option and install free of charge. I am still waiting for the part. I have place a call to Dodge customer service center, after a couple of month with Dodge customer service. They inform me they have a part number now, and the dealership should be able to get the hand free wiring part by the middle of November. If I don't receive by then, I will contact Dodge customer service department again.

Thanks to you both Dodge Cares and Harvey Blevins, much appreciated!!

Harry can you run it by me in more detail. Did you just call and ask her for part numbers or fill her in on what happened etc etc....

I explain to her what took place at the dealership and I wanted to make sure they were not trying to get out of upgrading my system for hand free. I have the Uconnect 4.3S touch screen but no button on the steering wheel for phone. The hand free phone unit was why I purchasee this vehicle. When it arrived I was lead to believe it would be fixed and they would order the part and it install. I contact the dealership where I purchased my vehicle after waiting a month, and the dealership keep telling me there was not a part number and since the 2011 journey was so new, the part was not available at this time. The dealership keeping telling the same story, so I call the Dodge customer service and filed a complaint. I wanted dodge customer service to check into the issue with the dealership. Well after about 3 months of calling customer service with back and forth with dealership; I was informed from the dodge customer service about 3 weeks ago the dealership has the part number and my dealership should be get the part by the middle of November to install my hand free kit. I am just worried that dodge customer service might just be telling me that so they could close my case. Does anyone know what the part number might be or having the same trouble.

The hand free phone unit was why I purchasee this vehicle.

There are much less expensive handsfree units out there. And if it was the reason, then you souldn't have accepted delivery.

While Dodge may well have a kit coming out (and I, for one hope they do and that it isn't tooooo expensive), my experience with the vehicle isn;t tarnished at all by the fact that it doesn't do handsfree when the salesperson originally told me that it did - even the person at the Chrysler pre-sales hotline told me that the truck came with BT. But it was not to be.

So I can choose beteen a Scoche unit that plugs into the aux input and a Garmin Navigator that does BT. I wish my iPod could be properly controlled and interact nicely with either of the BT devices in my car..

There are much less expensive handsfree units out there. And if it was the reason, then you souldn't have accepted delivery.

While Dodge may well have a kit coming out (and I, for one hope they do and that it isn't tooooo expensive), my experience with the vehicle isn;t tarnished at all by the fact that it doesn't do handsfree when the salesperson originally told me that it did - even the person at the Chrysler pre-sales hotline told me that the truck came with BT. But it was not to be.

So I can choose beteen a Scoche unit that plugs into the aux input and a Garmin Navigator that does BT. I wish my iPod could be properly controlled and interact nicely with either of the BT devices in my car..

The vehicle I was suspose to get had it and was in the contact. So I have already paid for it. They realize it didn't have it when it didn't connect to my phone; with the all new design with dodge. The dealership say they would order it and install it as a upgrade, I understand they didn't realize it at the time having such a problem with the part. But I just wondering if anyone else might have had their problems resolve yet. So I am looking into other options as well.

I just want to add the fact that i did cause a fuss with everyone in my dealership. Finally had a sit down with the manager and they gave me a garmin gps with handsfree phone incorporated in it

for the time being. It works great but still not what I want. So I'll try calling customer service and see what they say and I'll keep you posted.

I brought a Dodge Journey back in April, and I was under the impression it was equiped with a hand free option; well the dealership told me they would order the part for the hands free option and install free of charge. I am still waiting for the part. I have place a call to Dodge customer service center, after a couple of month with Dodge customer service. They inform me they have a part number now, and the dealership should be able to get the hand free wiring part by the middle of November. If I don't receive by then, I will contact Dodge customer service department again.

Do you happen to know the part numbers that they are ordering? If you do, can you post that for the rest of us?