About to Order

I've got all my questions answered, so I'm about to order a 2012 Journey Crew AWD with the Navigation & Sound Group, Flexible Seating Group, Heated Seats, 2nd Row Booster Seats, and Sunroof. My dealer tried configuring it in their order system, but it kept automatically adding the chrome wheels (which I don't want). They're going to give me a call when they figure out how to remove the chrome wheels so that we can place the order.

How exactly does the order process work? I've seen people mention that they get their VIN at some point in the process. Does that come from the dealer or direct from Chrysler? Are there any gotchas in the order process that I should be looking for?

Well, I went ahead and placed the order today. The dealer still couldn't configure the Crew without it automatically adding the chrome wheels, so they just ordered it that way. They'll swap the wheels with another crew when it arrives and deduct the $500 charge for them.

I'm still interested in hearing about how the order process works. Do you have to keep calling the dealer to check on the progress and eventually get the VIN?