I ordered my Journey three weeks ago today. I'd like to find the status of my order - online if possible. Does anyone know how to get on-line order status? I would rather not call people and become a pest, but I want to know how long my wait will be. I was hooked when I test drove the car. Actually, when the dealer drove a black Journey up for me to jump in, I was impressed with how good the Journey looks, and I'm not a fan of black cars. The drive was smooth and quiet. I'm looking forward to many trips given the lifetime powertrain warrantee.

I ordered my Journey three weeks ago today. I'd like to find the status of my order - online if possible. Does anyone know how to get on-line order status? I would rather not call people and become a pest, but I want to know how long my wait will be. I was hooked when I test drove the car. Actually, when the dealer drove a black Journey up for me to jump in, I was impressed with how good the Journey looks, and I'm not a fan of black cars. The drive was smooth and quiet. I'm looking forward to many trips given the lifetime powertrain warrantee.

Not sure what your dealer told you but when I inquired about ordering one all 3 dealers said anywhere from 6-12 weeks for delivery depending on options or if the options were in a "frozen" status. I just found as close as I could to what I wanted on a lot and bought that.

I have one on order as well, it's been about 3 weeks and I got a call today from my salesperson saying it will ship soon and they should have it 2-3 weeks tops. Your salesperson should be staying on top of it for you and letting you know the status.

I ordered a Silver SXT 5-seater with Convenience Group I, Premium Convenience Group, Exterior Appearance Package & Sunroof.

I did some searching and came up with this info. It is not what we wanted but at least if the dealership throws codes at us, we can tell exactly what they mean. Hope this helps us all

DaimlerChrysler Order Status Codes

Unscheduled

BX – good order, available for scheduling

BB – fleet order only – review by Bid Department

BD – special equipment processing

BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before the order can be considered for scheduling

BG – order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling

BG F – finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days

BG B – model or option hold

BG B – build out hold

BG L – material restriction hold

BG M – material hold (fleet)

ZA – cancelled order

Scheduled

C – tentative schedule

D – firm schedule: serial number is assigned.

D1 – gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned

D2 – gateline: framing and build imminent, usually within 3-6 days

Note: Once a vehicle reaches scheduled (C or D) status, it cannot be cancelled by the dealer. Orders can sit in D-status for up to 60 days.

Build

E – framing

F – paint

G – trim

Built

I – unit is pending final inspection

J – vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier

JB – shipped to body vendor

JE – shipped to emissions

JJ – consigned body vendor

JS – shipped to storage

KZ – released by plant and invoiced

Note: Vehicles must reach KZ-status before an invoice can be generated.

Traffic Codes

KZ L – released but not shipped

KZ M – first rail departure

KZ N – first rail arrival

KZ O – delayed/received

KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit

KZ OB – zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold

KZ OC – carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold.

KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle lacking parts, vehicle in repair, storage hold

KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle

KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed

KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction

KZ OH – all other carrier codes that currently post an “O” delay code that are not included above

KZ R – vehicle within a few days of arrival to dealer

KZ T – second rail departure

KZ U – second rail arrival

KZ X – delivered to dealer

KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new

KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I heard from my dealer that my Journey should be in this week. In fact, he received notification that he had received it on Monday, but looking out his window, he had not received any vehicles that day. :) Still, it looks like I may actually be able to get an eyeball on it within a week. I'll keep everyone up on what happens.

It is a Deep Water Blue AWD SXT.

I heard from my dealer that my Journey should be in this week. In fact, he received notification that he had received it on Monday, but looking out his window, he had not received any vehicles that day. :) Still, it looks like I may actually be able to get an eyeball on it within a week. I'll keep everyone up on what happens.

It is a Deep Water Blue AWD SXT.

Hey that is great news. Let us all know when you get it and load some pictures up too :shift:

Rob

My dealer gave me a von (vehicle order number), so I don't constantly call and bug him. I can call Chrysler's corporate help line, 1-800-992-1997. They will tell you the build status any time. I ordered mine Aril 1st and the scheduled ship date is April 21st. I call about twice a week to check on the status.

Hope this helps.

My dealer gave me a von (vehicle order number), so I don't constantly call and bug him. I can call Chrysler's corporate help line, 1-800-992-1997. They will tell you the build status any time. I ordered mine Aril 1st and the scheduled ship date is April 21st. I call about twice a week to check on the status.

Hope this helps.

I had tried to do that but It doesn't work for me, I even gave them my VIN # and VON # with no help. Maybe just works for US customers only, I don't know

Hi all, does anyone know what a realistic delivery time would be for Ontario??

I know that there are 2 trains that will bring it into Scarborough, ON...(I used to live right near the rail yard) Then it goes by truck to the dealership.

I think that the vehicles will wait at the yard until there is enough orders to fill the truck for a certain area.

I was waiting for our dealer to get a Journey in with the steel metallic colour to see it, but it was delayed from the yard for over a week!!

Thanks,

RP

Found out mine was shipped yesterday, the 21st. After ship date, the coporate number can no longer help. I'll have to go through the dealer from now on. They said it would take 4-6 weeks to arrive...sounds like a logistic nightmare to me. At least I know it is built and out there somewhere with my name on it.

• 1 month later...

I came across this and thought I would post.

A: The VIN or Vehicle Identification Number is a 17 digit code used to identify a particular car from all others. The number is alphanumeric, meaning that it is made up of both letters and numbers. A typical Neon VIN looks like the following:

1P3ES22Y8WDxxxxxx (where xxxxxx is the last six digits)

With this number, one can identify almost all the information about what year the car was made, which engine it should have, and other assorted information. Decoding can be accomplished by following this chart:

First Digit (Country of origin):

1 (US, Belvidere)

3 (Mexico, Toluca)

Second Digit (Make):

D or B (Dodge)

P (Plymouth)

C (Chrysler, built for export)

Third Digit (Vehicle type):

3 (Passenger Car)

Fourth Digit (Passenger Safety):

E (Active Restraints, dual front air-bags)

Fifth Digit (Vehicle Line):

S (Neon/Neon Sport sold in USA/Canada/Export)

6 (Neon/Neon Sport sold in Mexico)

Sixth Digit (Series):

2 (Baseline '95-'97 and Highline '98-'99 US/Canada)

4 (Highline '95-'97 and Sport '98-'99 US/Canada)

6 (Sport '95-'97 US/Canada)

M (Manual SE BUX cars)

A (Automatic BUX cars)

Seventh Digit (Body Style):

2 (Coupe)

7 (Sedan)

Eighth Digit (Engine):

C (2.0L SOHC)

Y (2.0L DOHC)

? (1.8L SOHC) [yes, thatís really a question mark]

Ninth Digit (Check Digit):

The check digit is used to determine the authenticity of any given serial number. It is derived from a mathematical formula based on the first half of the serial number (all digits to the left of the check digit). If you are interested in how the check digit is determined, email me at <duke@neons.org>. I have the formula but it is too large and obscure to include in the FAQ at this time.

Tenth Digit (Model Year):

S (1995)

T (1996)

V (1997)

W (1998)

X (1999)

Eleventh Digit (Assembly Plant):

D (Belvidere, Illinois - US/Canada/Export)

T (Toluca, Mexico - US/Canada/Mexico)

Twelth-Seventeenth Digits (Build Sequence Number):

Tells what number car it was that came off the assembly line that year.

Using our original example VIN: 1P3ESS22Y8WDxxxxxx, we can determine that this was a 1998 Plymouth Neon Expresso coupe with a DOHC engine for sale in the United States and built at the Belvidere plant. The xxxxxx would have been what number the car was off the assembly line. [updated VIN information courtesy of Dan Stewart]

I finally got my new Journey SXT AWD. It ended up being exactly as I hoped. It is a great car. The problem is that there was a manufacturer's paint defect that had to be repainted. Also, we had a problem with the vehicle electronics. There was an error that caused all of the dashboard contols to go haywire. There was a nobuss error that did show up on the front panel. It took the dealership quite a while to get the problem fixed. We finally found out that a pigtail connection between the vehicle computer and the dashboard computer was not connected properly. We've just received it back, and everything seems to be working well. It would be nice to get a little better gas mileage now that gas is $4/gal. I might have settled for the 4 banger without the AWD. I'm sure I'll appreciate the AWD this winter, but right now, I'd love to get that extra few miles per gallon.

Anyway, I love the car now that it seems all put together.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_vin.htm

each vehicle is different, slightly but what ever info we can get sure helps.

dencord123 can you e-mail me the check digit info please or send me the link to the info. I am trying to figure out the Journey 17 digit info

3d4gg57v69t138640

3= Mexico

D=Dodge

4= Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle

G= 5001-6000 lbs Gross vehicle weight rating

G= FWD H= AWD

5= SXT

(4=SE,5=SXT,6=R/T)

7=body style, Hatchback

V= 3.5 litre (B= 2.4 litre)

6= check digit ????? still need to know how to figure this one out

9= Model Year

T= Toluca

XXXXXX sequence number

this is what I have figured so far if anyone has further info please post it here to help us all out.

Rob

Rob I dont remember the web address I kept trying to find one for the Journey but nothing.

I think the 7 number is the number of passangers.

I found this web page but when I put in my Vin I get Mexico only

Can other members give it a try and tell me what they get please.

http://www.autocalculator.org/Free-VIN-Lookup.aspx

Ps. I called my dealer car still in D status I said its been three weeks and I told him about this board he said he would look into making sure that nothing is holding it up and get back to me soon.

Rob I dont remember the web address I kept trying to find one for the Journey but nothing.

I think the 7 number is the number of passangers.

Ps. I called my dealer car still in D status I said its been three weeks and I told him about this board he said he would look into making sure that nothing is holding it up and get back to me soon.

but the SE also has a 7 and the SE's are not available in a 7 passenger, are they?

SE VIN 3D4GG47B79T138050 2009 Dodge Journey SE Hatchback

the 5th digit is the seating G= 5 seater and H= 7 seater

Rob

the Check digit calculator

Control (check) digit calculation

Symbol................3 D 4 G H 5 7 V 0 9 T 2 0 8 4 6 7

Numeric value:.... 3 4 4 7 8 5 7 5 * 9 3 2 0 8 4 6 7

Weight factor: .....8 7 6 5 4 3 2 10 * 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2

Products: ...........24 28 24 35 32 15 14 50 * 81 24 14 0 40 16 18 14

The sum of all 16 products : 429

429 divided by 11 gives a remainder 0

Another words, 429 =( 39 x 11) + 0

Thus, on 9-th position of a VIN-code there should be a symbol 0

see, EASY :hysterical:

Rob

Valid

Mexico

Unknown

is what I get

Rob

the Check digit calculator

Control (check) digit calculation

Symbol................3 D 4 G H 5 7 V 0 9 T 2 0 8 4 6 7

Numeric value:.... 3 4 4 7 8 5 7 5 * 9 3 2 0 8 4 6 7

Weight factor: .....8 7 6 5 4 3 2 10 * 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2

Products: ...........24 28 24 35 32 15 14 50 * 81 24 14 0 40 16 18 14

The sum of all 16 products : 429

429 divided by 11 gives a remainder 0

Another words, 429 =( 39 x 11) + 0

Thus, on 9-th position of a VIN-code there should be a symbol 0

see, EASY :hysterical:

Rob

Your good. I would never figured mine out.

but the SE also has a 7 and the SE's are not available in a 7 passenger, are they?

Rob

Rob,

The G in the 5th digit better not mean 5 seater or my order got botched. I order the 7 seater and I have a G in the 5th spot of my VIN.

I will be extremely pissed off if it comes in without the 5+2. I need the air conditioning in the back for the Kids. Remember I live in Hell here in Phoenix during the summer time. We already have hit 110 degrees once. There are many more to come.

I will be talking to my rep on Friday and I will be asking if he can find out how to decode the VIN or find someone who can.

I will update all when what I find out.

Seth

Rob

I was just looking around on the board and could the G = FWD and the H= AWD?

I order FWD and I have a G in the 5th Digit. I noticed everyone who ordered AWD has a H there.

I sure hope so. Like I said if it means # of seats I will be so pissed off.....

Seth

I order FWD and I have a G in the 5th Digit. I noticed everyone who ordered AWD has a H there.

Seth

I hope you're right. I ordered the 7-seater, FWD, and have a G - 3D4GG57V9xTxxxxxx. I'm gonna be very disappointed if I get a 5-seater.

Seth

Good catch Seth you must be right. I am sure together we will de code this.

Just an update on the VIN information. I emailed Chrysler and their reply back is that the 5th digit is what I suspected. G = FWD and H = AWD.

I feel much better now. There is nothing in the VIN that specifies how many seats there are.

The 7th digit just shows that it is a hatchback. So all of the Journey's 7th digit should be a 7. I am trying to find out what all the other digits mean but they didn't have that in the email. I am emailing them back to see.

Seth

Another update. I called my dealer yesterday to see if they could find out if there are any parts on back order that could be holding up my order.

I have been in 'D' status for 3 weeks now.

Well he just called back and told me the 3rd row is on back order, just like we thought. As soon as the part gets in then the car should fly through and be delivered.

He also said since they mark my car as being paid for then I should get priority over regular builds.

I will be on vacation this next week so I will be checking back in with the dealer on Friday. I will give an update to all then.

Seth