• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever find out what was causing this issue mine sems to be doing the same thing. I am assuming it has something to do with the amp.

[/quote

Took it to the Dodge dealer and they told me the amp was locked up. They hooked it to the computer and fixed it. The service tech said they have seen it a couple times in the 2011's. Haven't had anymore problems it.

• 3 weeks later...

This just happened to me today, ad while I'm on vacation. Can anyone tell me if it's a quick reset? I could bring it to a local dealer here in Scottsdale. Only have 3000 miles on it and have to drive across the desert in two days. No music will suck, and make me very annoyed. Where is the amp? Can I reset it??

Thx

on my work order they said that you can pull the fuse out and put it back in and that resets it and should be a quick fix but i dont know where the fusebox inside the vehicle is cause thats where the fuse for the amp is. So if you find it let me know please because they left the cover off mine and i would like to know anyways incase it happens again.

Edited by Derekmclain9

on my work order they said that you can pull the fuse out and put it back in and that resets it and should be a quick fix but i dont know where the fusebox inside the vehicle is cause thats where the fuse for the amp is. So if you find it let me know please because they left the cover off mine and i would like to know anyways incase it happens again.

From what I have heard all the fuses are under the hood. Check out the owners manual.

This just happened to me today, ad while I'm on vacation. Can anyone tell me if it's a quick reset? I could bring it to a local dealer here in Scottsdale. Only have 3000 miles on it and have to drive across the desert in two days. No music will suck, and make me very annoyed. Where is the amp? Can I reset it??

Thx

Took about 20 minutes for the service department to fix it. The amp is under the front passenger seat.

There is a "rapid response" fix for several Dodge vehicles with the sound system with the amp. The dealers are supposed to fix this before customers take delivery and it applies to models before May 2011. I had mine in for an oil change and the dealer ended up replacing the amp due to the TSB and I hadn't even had any problems. The Rapid Response code is RRT 11-066.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried it and it worked. The fuse box is under the glove box on the right side (not easy access) but it did work.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is what the dealer did. Performed capacitive discharge and updated amplifier software. While there they did two other RRTs. 11-078, reprogrammed cabin compartment module, 11-082,reprogrammed body control module. I had the BCM reprogrammed about a year ago but the service writer said this was an update for the starting issues(dead battery). :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Is this relative to the 2012 8.4n system as well? This exact thing happened to me tonight. Everything is working except audio. Even the audio settings under "more" is disabled. Planning on calling the dealer in the morning and taking a look myself, but was sure how relatives the systems are.

• Official Dodge Support

Is this relative to the 2012 8.4n system as well? This exact thing happened to me tonight. Everything is working except audio. Even the audio settings under "more" is disabled. Planning on calling the dealer in the morning and taking a look myself, but was sure how relatives the systems are.

Astra,

I found this that may apply to the issue you are experiencing.

NUMBER: 08-032-12 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: November 20, 2012

SUBJECT:

Flash: No Audio From The Radio Caused By The Amplifier Not Communicating

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves re-flashing the Amplifier with updated software.

MODELS:

2011 - 2012 (JC) Journey

2011 - 2012 (LD) Charger

2011 - 2012 (LX) 300

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to JC vehicles equipped with 368 Watt Amplifier (sales

code RD6)**.

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to LD, LX vehicles equipped with 276 Watt Amplifier

(sales code RD7) or 506 Watt Amplifier (sales code RFD) or 552 Watt amplifier

(saels code RDS)**.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may indicate that there is no audio and/or radio is muted. This condition may

be caused by the amplifier not communicating on the bus.

Flashing the amplifier will correct this condition.

So I'm not sure what happened, but not long after I tried pulling the fuse and amp wires, the audio started working again.....but not right away.

Between the time I pulled the fuse and amp wires there was some short driving, a few restarts and some more short driving, at the end of it I gave up and was just parked waiting for someone I had already tried about 5 minutes before and the audio didn't work, but I decided once more and it suddenly worked and has been working perfectly since.

I assume the fuse and amp wires had some affect, but because it didn't have a positive affect right away I'm not sure what else might have contributed to the resolve.

So as of now everything is working and I'll be keeping an eye on it, I am scared to turn off the audio right now though just incase :)

Thanks for the helpl

• Official Dodge Support

Astral,

Got your PM, just happy you were able to get it working agin.

I highly recomend getting your DJ into your dealer if/when it happens again.

I would hate to see this become an ongoing issue for you.

PM if it you require my assistance and have a great day!

• 3 months later...