Lockpick for uconnect touch

Hi everyone, the lockpick for the 8.4 radio is now available. I've already order mine and can't wait to get it. I've used them in systems and they work great. Video and nav input while driving! And seriously though I don't work for them I'm just really excited it's available..... Lol

Still waiting to receive it, kinda irked at this point but as soon as I get it it's going in! On another note I should have my car back tomorrow from having the interior blacked out. All pillars and light trim pieces were covered or painted black. Can't wait to see it myself!!!! I'll post pics when I can.

Ordered my lock pick a week ago and it says its in route. Question for you is how does the bezel around the radio comes off and 2 were did you find the info. I have a 2011 LUX and want to make sue i dont destroy it while trying to install the pick.

This is the reason I haven't ordered mine yet....How does the bezel come off?

My luck, I'd put a screwdriver under the corner and it would snap it in two.

Pics and instructions would be great - PLEASE!

For those of you wondering how the bezel comes off...there's a video on Coastal Tech's website on how to remove the both the bezel and radio.

The next logical question, though, is where do you physically put the lockpick after you piggy-back it in the radio? Is there physically enough room inside the dash??

SWeet, when this thread was originally posted, there was no video for it on their website! Just checked it out... THe installation looks easier than I thought... You don't even have to touch the screen at all. The radio unit is a double DIN unit that sits directly behind the HVAC controls. Looks like it is a pretty easy installation.

Here is the direct link to the video: http://www.coastaletech.com/media/C8%20JOURNEY%20INSTALL.zip

EDit: I noticed there are 2 models of this for the 2011 Journey. THe C8. and the C8R... The C8 is $249, while the C8R is $209... The only difference is that the C8 doesn't provide additional audio/video inputs... So for anyone just getting it for unlocking the DVD player/text entry in Nav, save the extra $40 and get the C8R. http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICKC8R.htm

Edited by Armendegga

Nice! Really easy removal of the necessary parts.

This is very tempting considering the easy installation!

I wonder how much is required to add a factory back-up camera...my guess is that the tailgate harness already has the wiring and connectors in place...wonder if the camera unit is plug and play with the 8.4?

Received my Lock Pick C8R (Basic version - $209), included all the instructions, the C8R unit, and cables (plus a Jelly Belly sample - Mmmmm.).

I'm not an auto technician, usually things go wrong or break when I try to fix them. I read the instructions twice and started my installation. I gathered a few screwdrivers, a plastic card, and my camera. I slowly and carefully removed the first piece of trim closest to the steering wheel (starting next the the ignition button) - I placed the plastic card on the dash as close as I could to the trim and stuck my flathead screwdriver under the trim and lifted (slowly), I kept moving down the piece until I got to the last snap. The piece was up enough for me to see behind it and I could tell the last snap had no springs so I slowly wiggled it free with my fingers. The second piece was on the opposite side of the radio, I only had to pop up the first spring snap. That one was pretty easy to get up, I used the plastic card and the flathead screwdriver again (still being very careful not to scratch the finish).

I used a starhead screwdriver to remove the 2 screws on either side of the front panel. The next part scared me a little bit. Removing the lower front panel under the display (the one with all the buttons). I placed both hands underneath the front panel and my thumbs on either side of the soft part of the dash close to the dvd/cd player opening and carefully pulled. I heard what sounded like plastic breaking but it was only the 2 spring snaps coming out of there holes. Phew, what a relief....no broken parts. I unplugged the front panel as it states in the instructions and set it on the floor. I used a starhear screwdriver to remove the 4 screws that held the lower radio unit. I grabbed the radio until on the top and bottom with my fingers, lifted up slightly and pulled forward. Lower the radio unit before you reach the gear shift, it sits nicely right at the opening. I then unplugged the radio (top plug indicated in the instructions), and plugged in the provided cable (female) into the exisiting (male) cable and the other end into the radio itself. Plugging in the cables took time and patients - make sure all the prongs line up before pushing them together (take your time on this step).

After everything was plugged in I tested out the system before putting it all back together. The DVD works while driving, the Navigation is changable while driving, and the rear camera works on demand in any gear.

Putting it back together was pretty simple. I found a spot above the radio inside the dash that the box fits in. I couldn't get it to fit directly behind the radio. Once in place, I screwed the radio back in using the 4 screws, plugged the front face back in and snapped it back into place, screwed the front face back in using the 2 screws, snapped both pieces of trim back in place and I was done. Very easy and fun to use.

Pressing the "BACK" button 4 time within 3 seconds activates the display behind the steerin wheel. After activated, remember to use the 3 buttons on the back of the steering wheel. Moving up or down will change the menu and pressing the middle button selects your option.

Lock Pick C8R Installation Pictures - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently installed the LockPick C8 in my Canadian 2011 Dodge Journey R/T. Everything appears to work fine, with the exception of the rear camera when I put the vehicle in reverse. The screen just stays on what ever it was on, before I put the car in reverse, such as Radio, Climate, Nav, etc. I can manually turn on the camera at any time and it works fine. Automatic camera display in reverse does not work.

Also, has anyone noticed that the display, with the LockPick installed, is much darker and not as crisp? I used to think the quality of the image on my reverse camera was amazing. Now, with the LockPick installed, the quality is, well OK.

Finally, has anyone found a work around for the following? If I have the "mini display" (in the driver's console) set to display, say vehicle speed, then press back 4x I get the LockPick menu (along with all the standard Dodge Journey menus). When I exit the LockPick menu, you are left at the "up and down" Dodge Journey menu. It would be nice if the display went back to showing me my vehicle speed, or what ever else was display in the screen before I went into the LockPick menus.

Thanks for any suggestions.