Planets aligned...in & ready for delivery!

Geer

It only took 12 weeks and 3 days after ordering...but finally...my R/T was dropped off at the dealer this morning. It went through PDI and undercoating/rustproofing this afternoon (impressed with the 50yr warranty on both of those Chrysler warrantied products, given the price)...and picking it up tomorrow morning!

Now, will the VC and BT buttons be on the steering wheel?! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens there, as I believe I've got them painted into a corner if they're not.

Also, curious to see how low I will get them to drop the price on the extended warranty. Given the history of the 1st gen models, it's a "must".

Just watch - it will rain like a bugger tomorrow!

Edited by Geer

i will be picking ours up next week. :happy feet:

congrats, i know the feeling, cause we both have similar situations.

Yeah - frustrated to hell with long delivery wait! Although many here are/were in the same boat - a little easier to share in each other's miseries! lol

Congrats Geer!! I remember how excited I was to pick up my Crew!

In regards to the VC and BT buttons, unless you specifically ordered the $300 Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth option on your R/T, I would bet money that you won't have those two buttons.

I got the extended warranty on my Crew also. I got the 5 year/100,000 km warranty as I will more than likely want to change vehicles after 5 years.

Congrats Geer!! I remember how excited I was to pick up my Crew!

In regards to the VC and BT buttons, unless you specifically ordered the $300 Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth option on your R/T, I would bet money that you won't have those two buttons.

I got the extended warranty on my Crew also. I got the 5 year/100,000 km warranty as I will more than likely want to change vehicles after 5 years.

What was the ballpark cost for the extended warranty? I am thinking I will do the same, just would like to know around what it will cost... I don't want to surprise the "War Office" to much if you know what I mean.......

What was the ballpark cost for the extended warranty? I am thinking I will do the same, just would like to know around what it will cost... I don't want to surprise the "War Office" to much if you know what I mean.......

I paid $1500 for my 5yr/100,000km extended warranty. Had it rolled into my monthly payment. Can't remember how much it added over the 5 years of payments but it wasn't a significant amount.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had success with negotiating the price of the extended warranty? Also what are your thought on them?

I went in on delivery day planning to negotiate on the Chrysler extended warranty. However my dealer offered a SAL 3rd party warranty, comprehensive coverage for 7yrs/ 140,000km. The price was $2,700 + tax. I opted in. I checked around and more than one dealer told me the comparable Chrysler 7/115,000 warranty was almost $4000 for an R/T AWD. So I felt pretty good about the package I bought.