2010 Journey R/T or wait for 11? Pricing?

Hi all,

The low price got us into our local BC dealer yesterday. They are "blowing out" the 2010 fully loaded R/t for $32k (asking) They say they are MSRP of $38 which sounds like a good deal.

Couple of questions, how much wiggle room do you think is in the $32k price. I hear they can't get the 11's in untill they are sold out of the 10's. Yet I know the 2011's are delayed in coming out, but when I build one up on dodge.ca it comes out to fully loaded $35k and change. So really there is only $3k difference in the two. We are in no rush to buy so could wait a couple months for a 2011.

What are your thoughts, to me the 2010 has to be down in the $27k range to make it more appealling. With the new engine in the 2011, and the redesigned dash (only thing I really dislike about the 2010), what is the best way to go?

Going to go down to my dealer tomorrow to talk to them again about pricing, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

The low price got us into our local BC dealer yesterday. They are "blowing out" the 2010 fully loaded R/t for $32k (asking) They say they are MSRP of $38 which sounds like a good deal.

Couple of questions, how much wiggle room do you think is in the $32k price. I hear they can't get the 11's in untill they are sold out of the 10's. Yet I know the 2011's are delayed in coming out, but when I build one up on dodge.ca it comes out to fully loaded $35k and change. So really there is only $3k difference in the two. We are in no rush to buy so could wait a couple months for a 2011.

What are your thoughts, to me the 2010 has to be down in the $27k range to make it more appealling. With the new engine in the 2011, and the redesigned dash (only thing I really dislike about the 2010), what is the best way to go?

Going to go down to my dealer tomorrow to talk to them again about pricing, any input would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2010 R/T fully loaded and I have been lucky so far with no major problems. After looking at the redesigned Journey I would go for the 2011. Better engine, interior and another year to work on problems from 09 and 10. Good luck either way.

Hi all,

Yes go to carcostcanada.com as mention before. I used that site and put the print out right in front of my sales rep and I paid honestly only $500.00 over dealer cost. I factory ordered a 2011 R/T from my Dodge dealer here in Ontario two weeks ago. There is a HUGE differance between the 2010 and 2011. If you don't mind waiing 6-8 weeks like I am to get what you want, I'd suggest going for the 2011 Journey. Good Luck.

Yes go to carcostcanada.com as mention before. I used that site and put the print out right in front of my sales rep and I paid honestly only $500.00 over dealer cost. I factory ordered a 2011 R/T from my Dodge dealer here in Ontario two weeks ago. There is a HUGE differance between the 2010 and 2011. If you don't mind waiing 6-8 weeks like I am to get what you want, I'd suggest going for the 2011 Journey. Good Luck.

Dodgefan. Can I ask you what you paid for your 2011? I loaded it up online for $35k. What was your cost at $500 over cost?

Please let me know.

Hi I paid $31,200.00 (incl freight) but BEFORE TAX. Invoice shows $4500.00 in discounts. I listed below what I orderd. BTW I changed my order on the "chome" rims as they are actually $500.00 option and are really a hub cab sort of thing...and kind of plasticy? They are not solid rims...so went with the regular 19"rims.

2011 Journey R/T

3.6L V6

6- Speed Tranny

Flex Seating Goup (third row seats)

Sunroof

Uconnect voice command w/bluetooth

Driver Conv Group (back up camera, sensor, subwoofer/amp 6 premium speakers)

Hi I paid $31,200.00 (incl freight) but BEFORE TAX. Invoice shows $4500.00 in discounts. I listed below what I orderd. BTW I changed my order on the "chome" rims as they are actually $500.00 option and are really a hub cab sort of thing...and kind of plasticy? They are not solid rims...so went with the regular 19"rims.

2011 Journey R/T

3.6L V6

6- Speed Tranny

Flex Seating Goup (third row seats)

Sunroof

Uconnect voice command w/bluetooth

Driver Conv Group (back up camera, sensor, subwoofer/amp 6 premium speakers)

Hi Dodgefan, thank you so much for your help on this. Please check you private messages as I sent you a bit more info. Does anyone on here know if BC would have different incentives vs Ontario as an example. Dodgefan says he got $4500 in discounts but my dealer says out here there is only $2000 off from the factory on the new ones. Thoughts?

Hi Dodgefan, thank you so much for your help on this. Please check you private messages as I sent you a bit more info. Does anyone on here know if BC would have different incentives vs Ontario as an example. Dodgefan says he got $4500 in discounts but my dealer says out here there is only $2000 off from the factory on the new ones. Thoughts?

Hi, go to www.carcostcanada.com it will cost you $20.00 to get a report (WELL worth it for what you can save). It will allow you to pick all the options you want for your car...then it will calculate what the dealer actually pays for the car, and what they sell it for. Also it will give you any incentive on, any and all purchase finace options and rates per term. I paid $500.00 over what the DEALER pays. yes $2000.00 in incentives and about $2500.00 less than what they sell it for. SO in turn I paid $500.00 OVER DEALER COST. This would have nothing to do with you being in BC and I in Ontario...they only differance is the Taxes. The price I told you I paid did incl the $1400.00 feight that you have to pay, I DID NOT incl taxes...that is over and above what I paid for the car. Hopw this helps, seriously go to carcostcanada.com. The site is 100% accurate. I know many people that have used the site. Print the form and give it to you dealer. $500.00 over cost is veary fair, as hey have o make something.

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you an update, thanks for all the tips. Yes after doing my research the 2011 is the way to go. This is a major remodel and I like what I see.

We just put a $1k deposit down on an fully loaded RT, I thought we were going to have to wait a few months to get one in but our dealer had one coming in next week in black so we took that one. He did $500 over cost. DodgeFan there was no $4500 discounts right now like what you go though, only $2000 according to www.canadacarcost.com

So long story short, wife should be hopefully driving it next week.

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you an update, thanks for all the tips. Yes after doing my research the 2011 is the way to go. This is a major remodel and I like what I see.

We just put a $1k deposit down on an fully loaded RT, I thought we were going to have to wait a few months to get one in but our dealer had one coming in next week in black so we took that one. He did $500 over cost. DodgeFan there was no $4500 discounts right now like what you go though, only $2000 according to www.canadacarcost.com

So long story short, wife should be hopefully driving it next week.

Glad you got what you wanted. You are right only $2000 in incentives. I had them drop the additional $2500 (total $4500.00) so I only paid $500 over dealer cost, not MSRP price. Sounds like you got yourself a decent deal as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I ordered an '11 R/T AWD on Feb 2nd. Just my .02 but the '11 is worth paying a bit extra for, especially if you want the v6...the new 3.6 has 48 more horsepower, more torque, and is way more refined than the old 3.5 And then you have the rest of the updates to boot.

All I added to my R/T is the trailer tow prep package and navigation radio. I stuck with the painted 19" wheels....I had a hard time paying $500 for plastic "chrome" wheelcovers (that's exactly what they are).

To reply about price....I got the $2,000 chrysler incentive plus I talked the dealer out of another $2,200. The sticker price for my vehicle is $33,470...I am paying $29,270. Here's the link to the inventory page for my R/T which is in transit:

http://www.winnipegdodge.com/new/Dodge/2011-Dodge-Journey-a4d05bd60a0a00640139ed6dbce48d48.htm

No problems ordering an '11 even though they are trying to sell the '10s off, BTW.