Adding Mygig REU with remote display ?

I have a 2009 Journey sxt. It has the standard six disk dvd radio. I purchased online the mygig reu with remote display screen. The problem is it did not include the wiring harnesses.On the back of the radio there are places for four harnesses to plug in I know that the radio harness will plug right in, and the small one in the middle is for the uconnect, the other larger one will go unused it is for the rear entertainment and the rear camera. There is a smaller one next to the antena connectors that runs to the remote diplay screen. The only harness that I am missing is the small one for the remote screen. Does anyone know where I can purchase one, or have any ideas on fabricating one. My second problem is on the screen there is a place to plug in the harness from the raio, but there is another small female connector on the back of the screen, and I have no idea where it goes or what it is for. Does anyone know what its purpose is and how I can get the harness. If anyone can help or has the REU and can look to see where it goes I would appreciate it. Also after connecting the mic and installing the radio will I need to have it starscanned for the radio or the uconnect to work.

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat, just bought the REU head unit and remote display, but no harnesses. The harness from Dodge is $145, but I have no part number to reference to try to find it elsewhere cheaper. Also, the second connection on the remote display I assume is for power, but I haven't been able to find any information on that at all. Has anyone else had any luck?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to tell you, I dont think the GPS is worth going to all that trouble for. I have it b/c it came on the car, but Garmin steers me right everytime and is not as frustrating to use as the Dodge.

I'm beginning to think you're right Todd... I'm not sure if it's worth it. It appears that they did not include the power/canbus connector for the remote screen in the vehicle's wiring harness, so to be able to add that I would have to tap into the radio harness. Not sure I want to start hacking up the factory wiring. Maybe I'll just keep my RBZ MyGig head unit and stick with my Garmin... maybe figure out a way to mount that where the REU remote display would be in the dash and call it a day.

• 1 month later...

Just a note for anyone thinking about trying this mod.... DON'T. It's not possible. The REU head unit will NOT fit in the dash opening of a non-nav car. None of the required wiring is there to connect the remote display, and I suspect the REU radio requires the factory amp and associated wiring harnesses to operate properly. Basically, don't waste your time, money or effort. I've wasted enough for everyone in trying to do this. Why on earth they would build a vehicle that is impossible to upgrade to nav is beyond me.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a note for anyone thinking about trying this mod.... DON'T. It's not possible. The REU head unit will NOT fit in the dash opening of a non-nav car. None of the required wiring is there to connect the remote display, and I suspect the REU radio requires the factory amp and associated wiring harnesses to operate properly. Basically, don't waste your time, money or effort. I've wasted enough for everyone in trying to do this. Why on earth they would build a vehicle that is impossible to upgrade to nav is beyond me.

YES it is possible because I upgrade mine, actually I have a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT, its original radio was REQ code I bought a REU code, remote screen, GPS antennas and wires on Ebay I could upgrade myself and it is working fine. The only thing I didn't do yet is the roof screen in which I already bought, I tried to connect it didnt work, I contacted Dodge they said the radio will not recognize it I have to go to a dealer to set it up, another thing it is not even necessary to tap the vehicle original wiring, there are pigtails available. The only hard work I had to do was changing the dash opening, or the reu media player is bigger than req's but is possible.

• 2 years later...

Hello. 

I know that this post is too old. 

But I had the same problem

I had a unit rex, same of the reu unit but for Europe country's. I have the cable to connect to the radio, and the other for power. But can anyone tem me were suppose to be connected, because the electricians tell me that he needs the installation diagram, because that cable had 4 cables inside, maybe positive, negative, and the 2 others maybe for luminosity. But they have afraid to connect them without instructions. 

Best regards Sérgio Almeida