Remote Start Programming Options?

• 2 months later...

To clarify:

With the 8.4/8.4N system, under the settings menu, there is an option called Auto-on Comfort and Remote Start. Under that option, there is an option called Auto-on Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel with Vehicle Start. When you enable this setting, the heated driver's seat will always turn on to the high setting whenever you start the vehicle normally or with remote start, as long as the outside temp is below 40 degrees F or 4.4 degrees C.

Note that we only have the heated seat, no ventilated seat or heated steering wheel. It is just a common option name since this system is also available for the 2011 Charger and 2011 300.

I've been wondering about that. I programmed mine for the heated seats to come on when I use the remote start but the seat didn't seem to be heated when I went out. I've only had it a week and maybe the outside temp was above 40F. No one ever mentioned that the temperature played a part.

• 3 weeks later...

Can the remote start function be programmed to turn on the heated seats when starting the vehicle?

IF YOU READ THAT BIG BOOK WE ALL HAVE.....YOU CAN ONLY START THE ENGINE AND STOP IT...MAY BE YOU'LL FIND SOME INFORMATION ON LINE........

• 2 months later...

To clarify:

With the 8.4/8.4N system, under the settings menu, there is an option called Auto-on Comfort and Remote Start. Under that option, there is an option called Auto-on Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel with Vehicle Start. When you enable this setting, the heated driver's seat will always turn on to the high setting whenever you start the vehicle normally or with remote start, as long as the outside temp is below 40 degrees F or 4.4 degrees C.

Note that we only have the heated seat, no ventilated seat or heated steering wheel. It is just a common option name since this system is also available for the 2011 Charger and 2011 300.

it's also on by default

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wish my 2010 had that option :(

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
This off topic, but do you have the REU mygig in your 2010? If so I'd like to ask you a few questions about it.

I'm not sure which radio I have, will look on the way home.

I just checked it is a REU Media Center 830N

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I'm not sure which radio I have, will look on the way home.

I just checked it is a REU Media Center 830N

Terry

Terry

Thanks for the reply. I already learned what I needed to know about the REU. I wanted to swap my REN for the REU for the 6 disk changer, but I found out that I can't control an Ipod with the REU. Now I have to decide which is more important, Ipod control or getting rid of the stash of barbie and strawbery short cake DVD boxes all over my car. (I have two girls that love the VES)

Omar