5 Seater or 7 Seater

Just wondering who bought the 5 seater and who bought the 7 seater and what your thoughts were. I am looking at purhasing the dodge journey but really unsure about whether to get the 5 or 7 seater. Any opinions by the buyers ou there would really help.

Thanks

Just wondering who bought the 5 seater and who bought the 7 seater and what your thoughts were. I am looking at purhasing the dodge journey but really unsure about whether to get the 5 or 7 seater. Any opinions by the buyers ou there would really help.

Thanks

We test drove a Journey that was a 7 seater - but quickly decided we wanted a 5 seater. It wasn't worth the extra money to us to have the third row that is basically only good for car seats or small children. I crawled back to the third seat to see what it was like and would not have been able to endure a ride to my neigbors house in that seat. The Journey is an awesome vehicle, but I definately can not recommend getting the extra 3rd row seat.

It depends on where you live. I live in Arizona where it gets really hot. I got the 3 row because it was the only way to get the air conditioner in the back seats. This is a must when you have kids sitting back there. I get really tired of hearing it is so hot back here. I also hate having to direct my vents to the back. Then I sweat like a pig.

That is my 2 cents..

Seth

It is a personal preference based on your projected needs, if you have smaller children I think it would be great, it is really small for an adult. At 6'1" 180, it was a chore to get settled in and for a distance it would be cramped. for the 8-13 year old crowd it would be terriffic. There is the storage space issue too, without the 3rd row yoou really do have some handy additional space. We noticed most of the Journey's on the lots were 7 seaters, I wonder if the customer ordering process supports that trend? We chose the 5 and no regrets.

It is a personal preference based on your projected needs, if you have smaller children I think it would be great, it is really small for an adult. At 6'1" 180, it was a chore to get settled in and for a distance it would be cramped. for the 8-13 year old crowd it would be terriffic. There is the storage space issue too, without the 3rd row yoou really do have some handy additional space. We noticed most of the Journey's on the lots were 7 seaters, I wonder if the customer ordering process supports that trend? We chose the 5 and no regrets.

We have 2 kids...15 months and 1month and my wife runs a daycare so that's where I'm coming from. On one hand the 5 seater has enough room for our family and like you said some handy storage. On the other hand she could probably use the 7 seats if she wanted to take the kids from daycare and ours on a day trip. Still undecided....but thanks all for your thoughts...very helpful!

Chose the 7 seater for our needs...two small children...no regrets. When we need to haul a lot, we'll just fold the seats down.

Can anyone let me know if you can put car seats in the third row...in other words are their tethers/anchor points at the back?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We went with the 5 seater version. More room for cargo (flip up storage compartment is nice and our RT has the privacy cover), and probably not going to have more than 2 kids anyways. The 3rd row seat is really only suitable for infants due to the lack of leg room. $1000 cheaper didn't hurt either.

I've got the 7 seat R/T with rear heat & ac. My 11 year old son loves the heat/ac control and has sat back in the third row multiple times without complaint (he's tall for his age, about 5'6''). Remember those third row seat also recline a little bit as well as the second row, so even I (6'0'', 190 lbs) have sat back there, just to see how it was, and it wasn't all that bad. The trip was only about 30 mins though. With the third row reclined, I have plenty of storage room.

just my 2 cents. Get what YOU like best!

• 3 weeks later...

I got the 7 seater, like others here, because of the rear heat & AC. Actually it was one of the main reasons I bought this car. The Journey vents are in the ceiling whereas most vehicles have rear vents that get blocked when you fold the seats down. I carry my dogs with me and live in an area with cold winters and hot summers. I wanted them to still have the heat and a/c when my seats were folded down. The only other small SUV/CUV available with this configuration at the time I bought the Journey was the Highlander. I liked the looks, price, & options of the Journey WAY better.