2009 Journey Recall

WASHINGTON — Chrysler is recalling nearly 150,000 trucks and SUVs to address several problems, including steering, air bag issues and the potential for trucks to stall.

The recalls were posted Thursday on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's website.

Chrysler is conducting three separate recalls to fix the problems. The first one covers about 22,000 Dodge Ram trucks from the 2008-2011 model years to address steering problems. The second involves about 65,000 2009 model year Dodge Journey SUVs to fix side air bags that might not deploy.

The last includes about 57,000 Dodge Ram 1500 trucks from the 2011 model year to fix components in rear axles that could cause the trucks to stall.

Chrysler says owners can call (800) 853-1403 for more information.

Check on yours before you need the air bag (hopefully you will never see it !!)

So I just took my 2009 Journey in to have the oil changed and also because the air bag light was on. I am getting the controller solenoid for the air bag replaced which won't be in till tomorrow. I am wondering if this has anything to do with this recall? And yes we are being charged for the replacement since it is not under our extended warranty which we are paying $60 extra a month to have for the life of the vehicle, lol.

Up first, the Journey -- specifically, 2009 Dodge Journeys manufactured between November 1, 2007 and September 7, 2008. According to a bulletin from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, those models may have been built with inferior wiring, which is prone to "fatigue and break". If that happens, it can cause a malfunction of the side-impact sensors; as a result, drivers may see an airbag warning light, and the Journey may also lose the ability to detect a side-impact crash. While the former is merely annoying, the second is potentially very dangerous, since it would prevent the deployment of side airbags in the event of an accident.

This recall currently affects 65,180 vehicles. Chrysler expects to begin fixes in Feburary 2011, at which time dealers will replace the units' wiring harnesses free of charge. If you have questions in the meantime, we encourage you to call your dealer, or give Chrysler a ring at 800-853-1403 and reference recall #K07. Alternately, you can call the NHTSA at 888-327-4236 and refer to campaign #10V658000.

Call the Chrysler number for more information. Apparently the press did a knee jerk reaction (according to them). Call anyway. I did and my Journey has no recalls (built in Oct. '08). Have your VIN handy.

Happy New Year. :D

Indeed , most journeys was already fixed during regular visits of owners ( oil change .. etc ) via TSB's in dealers system. The Traffic Safety Administration just made it official ... because it's the law when too many vehicules is affected and a recall is to make sure that every car is fixed ...

no need to call ... just go there and look your VIN yourself , check the recall section on the left side of the page :

https://www.dodge.co...rand/owners/en/

mine was built in may 2009 : no recall to date

Edited by Burn