Need help in buying a Journey

Hi to all.

First off, i am new to this forum and to Journey too but found lots of interesting discussion here, thanks everyone.

I need to replease my wife's minivan (2002 Mazda MPV) and eyeing on a Journey SXT 2010. Our local dealer in Windsor, Ontario is promoting a base SXT @ 21990 + tax. After visiting a couple dealers they come up with 2 different total cost (include tax and everything) @ 25200 and 24900. Both with nothing. They said this is employee pricing. To me, it seems high for a base SXT. Any suggestion?

Can I request to see the invoice? Any idea about what's the right price.

My wife want a SXT with sunroof (1100), convenience package (950+), tire upgrade (475). They said it had to be the base price + all these upgrade which come close to 25000 + tax? Anyone has any experience or idea about what's the right price for it.

I had to watch my budget cause I have my car due to replace in a few years. So, I try to look for the best deal if possible. Any suggestion welcome.

Thx, Ted.

• 1 month later...

Being in Windsor, you must know or have a friend that works at chrysler. If not, your best bet is to shop around and haggle for the best price. Every car price is negotiable. Thats why your getting different prices for the same thing. Here's a tip: get the lowest priced quote in writing and take it to the other dealership and see if they beat it. If not, you know where your purchasing your Journey.

But like Germax wrote, the 2011 model is one to wait for.