Outside air temperature stuck at 65

Hello,

I purchased a new 2010 Journey RT and have had it for about a week now, I am pleased with the Journey. One thing I just noticed the outside air temperature seems to be stuck at 65 degrees, the display has been on 65 for several days and it is quite a bit warmer than 65 degrees outside. Is there any way to reset or clear the condition or should I wait for my next trip to the dealer?

Many thanks.

Hello,

I purchased a new 2010 Journey RT and have had it for about a week now, I am pleased with the Journey. One thing I just noticed the outside air temperature seems to be stuck at 65 degrees, the display has been on 65 for several days and it is quite a bit warmer than 65 degrees outside. Is there any way to reset or clear the condition or should I wait for my next trip to the dealer?

Many thanks.

Hey Dude welcome to the club. Our is well was doing the same thing. Dealer tested some things and said sorry cant find anything wrong bring it back when its doing it again. It seemed every time we took it to the dealer it was the temperature it was stuck at (that's just our luck) then finally it warmed up and the temp was stuck the same again so I got my wife to take it in to dealer and they ordered a ambient temp sensor. They installed this and it worked for 2 weeks then started doing it again. I did lots of reading and it said to unhook battery cable (-) for a few hours and then reconnect. This did work to but it was not permanet and we took it into another dealer about 2 weeks go and they replaced the ambient temp sensor again and said other dealer installed incorrectly but not sure how that is possible its very simple if you get on your one knee and look through the grill on the bottom bumper it looks like the igniter from a bbq maybe the wire is of you will see or the disconnect the battery will work but might not work long term. Tell your dealer you need a new ambient temp sensor.

Hey Dude welcome to the club. Our is well was doing the same thing. Dealer tested some things and said sorry cant find anything wrong bring it back when its doing it again. It seemed every time we took it to the dealer it was the temperature it was stuck at (that's just our luck) then finally it warmed up and the temp was stuck the same again so I got my wife to take it in to dealer and they ordered a ambient temp sensor. They installed this and it worked for 2 weeks then started doing it again. I did lots of reading and it said to unhook battery cable (-) for a few hours and then reconnect. This did work to but it was not permanet and we took it into another dealer about 2 weeks go and they replaced the ambient temp sensor again and said other dealer installed incorrectly but not sure how that is possible its very simple if you get on your one knee and look through the grill on the bottom bumper it looks like the igniter from a bbq maybe the wire is of you will see or the disconnect the battery will work but might not work long term. Tell your dealer you need a new ambient temp sensor.

Thanks for the information. Yesterday while driving the outside temperature started to increment and show the correct temperature. I will keep an eye on this and have the dealer look into it the week of August 17th as I will be bringing my Journey in for maintenance.

Thanks again,

Mike