Window Vent/Visor/Deflector Recommendations

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, first time post but have been reading lots in the last few days as I make a decision on a new Journey so thank you to the community!!

I am looking for recommendations for window/hood deflectors/visors; best quality, easiest to fit, best value/price.

also I did see that some guys on here have been selling the odd set....so if anyone has a set they are looking to sell please let me know...here or PM.

Thanks again to everyone for all their input and input and info on here!

Thanks Rebel Thunder.

Does anyone have any experience with other deflectors and fitting them?....seems to me there are a couple of different ways to do this and would be interested to get some feedback on best/worst. I know some use adhesive...I am not sure how I feel about using adhesive on my brand new vehicle are there other options?

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been looking for chrome also (2011) with no luck yet. Mainly, I was hoping for a pic to see what chrome deflector/visors would look like on the Journey. I'll probably end up with "in channel" dark smoke. If there's no chrome window deflectors I don't think the chrome bug deflectors will be around soon either.

I have been looking for chrome also (2011) with no luck yet. Mainly, I was hoping for a pic to see what chrome deflector/visors would look like on the Journey. I'll probably end up with "in channel" dark smoke. If there's no chrome window deflectors I don't think the chrome bug deflectors will be around soon either.

i bought the weather tech window visers that slip in the channle have used them for years with no problems. never liked the ones that stick on the paint. one word of warning tho,they sell them in 4 pcs.(front and rear) the front ones worked real good but the rear ones have tape that hold them in and we rolled the window down after a couple of days and was only going about 30 mph and 1 flew out of the window. stopped and got it but then later took them both out as the tape doesnt hold them to good. also i did notice a little more road noise or wind noice after installing them,as you wouldnt have this problem with the stick on kind.but to me the ones that fit in the channle look alot better. they cost about $90.oo U. S. and u can pick them up at any auto custom shop

• 2 weeks later...

just bought a 4 door set from WEATHERTECH , been using these guys for years with all my cars , they are the best . :)

better be carefull about the rear windows when you roll them down. i had the same set and they were in the windows for over 2 weeks and i rolled the right one down while we were stopped and then started driving and before we were even going no more than 25mph it flew right out of the window channlle as the little stickey tape holding them in didnt work very good. ended up takeing the rears off and put them in the shed. but i love the front ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks. I have been reading your posts on the Weather Tech vent visors and some are having problems with the back window ones slipping out when the window is open and the car is moving. I have the same set with no problems. What needs to be done, is to trim a very small amount off both the front lip and the back lip until you get them to slip in place without any pressure. They should slide right up without any force the same as the front ones. Don't take too much off. Just a little at a time with a dremmel tool and keep trying them until you get it just right. Then when you apply the tape, they will stay in place with the window open at speed. No problem. Another tip is to get the thicker 3m two way tape and use it in place of the tape provided from Weather Tech. If you do this along with a little trimming, they will stay in place and you can drive with the windows down all day. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

better be carefull about the rear windows when you roll them down. i had the same set and they were in the windows for over 2 weeks and i rolled the right one down while we were stopped and then started driving and before we were even going no more than 25mph it flew right out of the window channlle as the little stickey tape holding them in didnt work very good. ended up takeing the rears off and put them in the shed. but i love the front ones.

Just installed a new set and see what you mean about the rears...they simply do not go all the way up into the channel. I removed them and will call customer support tomorrow. I think they are too long and need to be trimmed, but don't want to mess with that until I talk to the company. Custom fit? The fronts were effortless and seemed to fit perfectly. They look so much better than the type that stick to the outside.

i bought the weather tech window visers that slip in the channle have used them for years with no problems. never liked the ones that stick on the paint. one word of warning tho,they sell them in 4 pcs.(front and rear) the front ones worked real good but the rear ones have tape that hold them in and we rolled the window down after a couple of days and was only going about 30 mph and 1 flew out of the window. stopped and got it but then later took them both out as the tape doesnt hold them to good. also i did notice a little more road noise or wind noice after installing them,as you wouldnt have this problem with the stick on kind.but to me the ones that fit in the channle look alot better. they cost about $90.oo U. S. and u can pick them up at any auto custom shop

I have a set of weathertech window visors but haven't installed them yet. I just wanted to say that I have the kind that stick on the outside on another car and they also increase wind noise as opposed to not having vent visors at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Weathertech customer service had no suggestions, just said they should fit and said I could return them for a refund. I elected to follow the trimming suggestion above. I got them to fit but made a mess of the adhesive in the process. I tried double sided carpet tape which didn't work. After leaving the rear windows closed for a week, when I opened the windows both rears fell out. I called the company and they have sent some more adhesive at no cost. I haven't installed it yet.

It sounds like it's not only me having problems with these "Custom made" additions. The fronts fit wonderfully.

• 5 months later...

I just received the front only window deflectors in dark tint. It has been a long process to get them as I went through Chrysler, a dealership and MacNeil Automotive. Over the last three months I have been working with all these companies to address my complaint of water entering the window due to a poor windshield / pillar design.

WeatherTech's window deflectors are awesome. They look great, they work and they don't stick to the exterior in any way. Only problem I experienced for the first 48 hours is that the windows would not auto-up. Now that they are seated, the windows go up and down as normal.

• 1 year later...

Mopar lists the window rain guards / deflectors for the journey up to 2010 (82210995) but nothing for the 11-up. Has the body or doors changed on the journey since the 2010 model? I would really like to be able to vent the vehicle when parked on those hot or rainy days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...