Homelink

If my guess is correct....To add homelink to my SXT, all I would need is a new visor with the homelink in it?

I have lighted visors now, so the homelink would have power at the visor location already.

Can anyone confirm this?

I would think that would work, I know in the cars it came with it will not work when the car is locked (which arms security, and during remote start I think, which locks it anyway) but if you can make the hole then I think you can add it in

• 1 month later...

I thought I read someplace else on this site that the Homelink buttons were part of the EVIC system? Seems to be a lot of speculation on here and not a lot of facts unfortunately. I would be interested in adding something for a built in garage door opener also, since the visors are hard plastic and none of my openers can clip onto them properly. I am going to resort to sticky back Velcro and mount it on the drivers visor for now. If the central plastic thing above mirror comes off easily I was also thinking about cutting a hole in it and mounting the opener in there. I could take the front cover off the opener and mount it flush so just the button pokes through.

It is not a matter of changing the visor or adding the buttons. You need the transmitter as well which is in the roof liner somewhere above the rear view mirror. The Homelink is part of the convenience group I believe, It will work with anything that operates on a radio frequency..such as lights, gate openers. garages etc. I am in the process of attempting to set mine up to turn on and off my house alarm. As soon as I get the wireless link installed into the alarm that is.

• 3 weeks later...

It is not a matter of changing the visor or adding the buttons. You need the transmitter as well which is in the roof liner somewhere above the rear view mirror. The Homelink is part of the convenience group I believe, It will work with anything that operates on a radio frequency..such as lights, gate openers. garages etc. I am in the process of attempting to set mine up to turn on and off my house alarm. As soon as I get the wireless link installed into the alarm that is.

So...its not like other cars where the transmitter and everything is in the visor?

If my guess is correct....To add homelink to my SXT, all I would need is a new visor with the homelink in it?

I have lighted visors now, so the homelink would have power at the visor location already.

Can anyone confirm this?

I just got the 2010 sxt and it came with the homelink visor. its also lighted. Your ideal should work just fine.