Hello from Sydney, Australia

dodgy29

Hello all, I am about to purchase a Dodge Journey in Sydney, Australia. I love everything about the car, but after reading reviews on the internet I am now totally confused and am starting to think that I could be making a huge mistake... Do I have reason to be worried? Should I be expecting any problems with a new Dodge soon? Is there an anti-Dodge movement in USA? Here in Aussie-land there's a Ford vs Holden rivalry. Ask a Ford-fan what he thinks of Holden and vice versa and all you hear is bad things about the other brand. Is it like that with Dodge and other car makers in the USA? Should I take the bad Dodge reviews with a grain of salt? Any comments much appreciated, especially from people who've owned a Dodge for a long time!

Hello all, I am about to purchase a Dodge Journey in Sydney, Australia. I love everything about the car, but after reading reviews on the internet I am now totally confused and am starting to think that I could be making a huge mistake... Do I have reason to be worried? Should I be expecting any problems with a new Dodge soon? Is there an anti-Dodge movement in USA? Here in Aussie-land there's a Ford vs Holden rivalry. Ask a Ford-fan what he thinks of Holden and vice versa and all you hear is bad things about the other brand. Is it like that with Dodge and other car makers in the USA? Should I take the bad Dodge reviews with a grain of salt? Any comments much appreciated, especially from people who've owned a Dodge for a long time!

Well, my experience so far has been completely positive, although I've only owned mine for three months. Not one single problem after driving it for 4200+ miles. That said, there are others here on the forum that have certainly had a negative experience. My feeling is that the early '09 model year had numerous problems and they were exacerbated by all the problems with the old Chrysler company. Now that the company has been reorganized and is moving forward, they seem to have worked out most of the glitches with the '10 MY. That still doesn't guarantee that you wont have a problem or two, but no car company can guarantee that.

Well, my experience so far has been completely positive, although I've only owned mine for three months. Not one single problem after driving it for 4200+ miles. That said, there are others here on the forum that have certainly had a negative experience. My feeling is that the early '09 model year had numerous problems and they were exacerbated by all the problems with the old Chrysler company. Now that the company has been reorganized and is moving forward, they seem to have worked out most of the glitches with the '10 MY. That still doesn't guarantee that you wont have a problem or two, but no car company can guarantee that.

Thanks for your reply dp360! I have purchased the Dodge Journey today and it will be delivered next week. I hope to provide some feedback on its performance in the not too distant future.

• 3 years later...

Agreed with the other posts. Our 09 had horrible brakes. Rotors and pads replaced by 20k, both front and rear. I replaced them again after the warped the second time with good aftermarket parts and never had another problem. I agree the 09 was a guinee pig so to speak. The first model and right during Chryslers bancruptcy problems. The newer models are light years ahead of the original ones. I would not be worried at all. Heck the rotors and calipers and pads on our 2013 model look to be twice the size of the ones on the 09.