Owners Manual

I test drove a couple of Journey's and experienced a helicopter like sound when the back windows were opened.

It was killer on the ears! Now that I downloaded the manual, they actually have a section on it called "wind buffeting". Interesting, just have to break the wind pattern by opening another window (which we already knew). We actually thought it was the roof rack that was causing the problem

And, I just figured out why we couldn't put in a CD. I guess it was a 6 disc changer and I didn't push the LOAD button then put the disc in. Sheesh!

I test drove a couple of Journey's and experienced a helicopter like sound when the back windows were opened.

It was killer on the ears! Now that I downloaded the manual, they actually have a section on it called "wind buffeting". Interesting, just have to break the wind pattern by opening another window (which we already knew). We actually thought it was the roof rack that was causing the problem

And, I just figured out why we couldn't put in a CD. I guess it was a 6 disc changer and I didn't push the LOAD button then put the disc in. Sheesh!

Hey Brad, there is also a mention or where to place the roof racks to prevent wind vibration too. see if I can find it again

on a side note the sister in law has a 99 grand caravan and her rack vibrates too in the wind.

Rob

NOTE:

² To help control wind noise when installing the cross

rails, make sure the arrows marked on the underside

of the cross rails face the front of the vehicle.

² To help reduce the amount of wind noise when the

cross rails are not in use, fasten the front cross rail in

the fourth position from the front and the rear cross

rail in the eighth position.

here it is

Rob

• 2 years later...

I am not sure if everyone knows yet, but the Dodge.com website now has the Journey owners manual available for download.

523 pages of anticipation!!!!!

RP

I tried and tried to get a copy of the 2010 Dodge Journey's manual and got nowhere. The PDF link below came up as invalid; the Dodge.com website redirected me to another site and after I filled in the needed info the site came back with "Coming Soon"

I will be renting a Dodge Journey in January 2011. Since rental car companies don't put in a manual, I thought I would try to see what I could find online but have had no luck.

Any help or suggestions?

• 4 years later...