What muffler has the best sound

Best sound is completely subjective. A lot of people have replaced stock mufflers with aftermarket. It all depends on the sound you are looking for. Jump on you tube and listen to some videos. There is no such thing as a "high flow resonator". A resonator is nothing but a hollow box that deadens "resonance" by cancelling out a certain range of sound frequencies. Replace it with a straight pipe if you want more sound. Most people remove the resonators and stock mufflers then install a quality aftermarket muffler like magnaflow or flowmaster

Edited by jkeaton

9 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Best sound is completely subjective. A lot of people have replaced stock mufflers with aftermarket. It all depends on the sound you are looking for. Jump on you tube and listen to some videos. There is no such thing as a "high flow resonator". A resonator is nothing but a hollow box that deadens "resonance" by cancelling out a certain range of sound frequencies. Replace it with a straight pipe if you want more sound. Most people remove the resonators and stock mufflers then install a quality aftermarket muffler like magnaflow or flowmaster

Ok I just ask as one of our performances shops here in NZ has a resonator advertis as hi flow, also here our law is a bit funny on removing resonators and I do like the magnaflow but it’s a bit hard to get them here

• 5 months later...

Just joined today, I’ve been looking on YouTube and the  just joined today, I’ve been looking on YouTube and the Flowmaster super 44 seems to be the right muffler   The video I saw describe the owner had removed both stock mufflers and installed one super 40 for that routed back out to both exhaust pipes and the exhaust note was crisp  and intimidating, very little cabin drone. I might go this route.