Firmware Update Didn’t Help

My radio was skipping (satellite, local, cd, Bluetooth connection to my phone) so I took it to the dealer for a firmware update after reading forum posts. $75 later, the dealer said it didn’t work and I need a new radio. Only, they don’t make the radio anymore, it would actually be refurbished. Anyone have any ideas or had a similar issue?

I have seen ours do this once in a while ,skipping radio stations but very intermittently.Also once in a while does not connect to the phone but not enough to be  a major problem, at least yet.

Edited by yyz

OF  COURSE they still make the radio, since it is the same radio they stick in the 2018 models . . . . it may be on it's 3rd iteration, but they have to et radios for new production from somewhere.

'Skipping', as you called it can be due to one of several reasons, but firmware isn't one of them as far as I know - I'll ask the most obvious question; Does it always skip in the same directions (up or down)?;

You can look for a poorly aligned encoder wheel on the tuning knob . . . turn it to a different position to see if it sits properly there.

Look for an issue with the 'tune up' or 'tune down' buttons on the steering wheel, including the clockspring in the steering column or the decoder module.

Less likely is an issue with the touchscreen digitizer.

If the radio really is TU you can always find a radio in a scrap yard, by the way.

Your dealer is beyond being an idiot.