[Q] upgrade CTP11 to CTP13 firmware

6 hours ago, chazmosis said:

Depends on the year of your Journey.  Downloading the firmware update from the mopar site will give you the newest you can run on your DJ.

can you please let me know where I can find gupdate.gcd firmware files? CTP11, CTP12 or CTP13.... I am trying to find but unfortunately with no luck.... can you please advise? actually I had CTP2011 version 3.10 before and I upgraded to CTP13 version 4.08 then my nav app start showing me only Garmin logo with loader loading, can you please advise?

BTW, I have DJ 2012.....

Edit: can you please also guide me on how to find it in mopar site?

Edited by Barek Al-Mallak

If you loaded CTP11, 12, 13, 14, 1, 16 or 17 on top of the CTP2011 then you may be screwed.  Those versions you are looking for are for the later version of the radio (there were three variants so far as I know and based on the year of your vehicle and the version you reference, your isn't one of them).

I gather you weren't offered them from the Uconnect web site, but perhaps yo tried to upgrade your mapping using the instructions found here, or on other sites.

Those don't apply to your radio.

If you have the original versions of the files put them back in if you can and your navigator *might* start working again.

5 minutes ago, bramfrank said:

If you loaded CTP11, 12, 13, 14, 1, 16 or 17 on top of the CTP2011 then you may be screwed.  Those versions you are looking for are for the later version of the radio (there were three variants so far as I know and based on the year of your vehicle and the version you reference, your isn't one of them).

I gather you weren't offered them from the Uconnect web site, but perhaps yo tried to upgrade your mapping using the instructions found here, or on other sites.

Those don't apply to your radio.

If you have the original versions of the files put them back in if you can and your navigator *might* start working again.

thanks for your reply... so as I understand, CTP2011 is different from CTP11, and it will not going to work just if I flashed back CTP2011? unfortunately I don't have old files, where can I start to look for them?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Barek Al-Mallak said:

unfortunately, it just gave me just uconnect software update not the nav software, so I updated but with no changes

Did you really expect anything to change when you didn't load anything into the navigator?

If CTP2011 firmware was the initial release for your radio and there's been no update issued since I wish you luck finding a copy.