How to determine if your car is AWD

Maya808

So I’m a new owner of a Dodge Journey, and it’s probably a stupid question. My salesman says the 2018 Dodge Journey GT that I bought is AWD, but there’s nothing that says it is on the back of the car. It’s just so new to me, I am just so used to seeing other cars that has AWD in it in the back. I’m curious because I paid for the upgrade, but the car didn’t get delivered until later. So we didn’t really get to test drive it or inspect it before signing the paperwork.

thanks in advance for your response

2AB91061-CD8E-4D91-B352-6831733A377B.jpeg

AWD vehicles DO have a badge on the rear, so unless the vehicle's been repainted it is likely that it does not have the feature.  I hope your paperwork specifies AWD, because there is a premium associated with it.

If it does, then be aware that tires are changed in sets of four if you don't want to blow up the AWD.  Read your owner's manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your reply. Bryman31 is correct, the new emblem for AWD for new Journey is the dual red slash with 4 on top. Located under the Journey name on the left. I called the manufacturer and they explained to me that my Journey is an R/T car, so AWD is built in ok this models