Head Gasket Repair.

Arenivas

So I just recently got my head gasket repaired  on my 2012 DJ 2.4L at 100,000 miles. Before it got replaced I noticed my oil temperature was always around 210-220. Last night I picked it up and it’s running at the same temp. Coolant is at 195 and trans at 170. Are those normal ranges? I searched and searched the forum before I posted this and I Couldn’t  find a definite answer. All the other threads are only talking about towing temps. I don’t Tow. I feel hopeless as I just got this vehicle a month ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my head gasket replaced too. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the safe temp ranges are because everything is vague. My coolant temp got up to 224 today. If you ever figure it out let me know.

I'm only concerned because I've already blown a head gasket due to a coolant leak I was unaware of and the cost was outrageous. By the time it "chimed" it was already to late. I'm sure you can understand my concern. 

My 2015 runs at (typically) 195 +/- a few degrees for coolant (which is expected, considering the thermostat is a 195 degree thermostat), engine oil is reported at 205 +/- depending on ambient weather (tops at around 210 in the summer in Baltimore) running Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-20, and the transmission runs at whatever it runs (the bar is always in the middle, so I don't pay much attention to it beyond that).  All of this is with no towing, and as many as 5 passengers (one adult, 4 kids in car seats).

If you're in very hilly/mountainous roads, the oil is going to run a little hotter than mine.  Keep an eye on oil consumption/coolant-oil mixing (you should know what that looks like now) and for temperature spikes.  Anything that isn't a smooth transition could indicate a problem.