Does your dealer require a deposit?

Hey

In discussion with a dealer here, he said they require a $2500 deposit if I decide to order (ie build) my Journey.

Is that pretty typical for vehicles not currently on their lot?

What really burns me is that no one here has a vehicle near the configuration the way I want. Specially, no one has the 3rd row. Not as much of a big deal, but they also do not have anything in the 2009 blue colour.

Anyone else run into this? Obviously I get the deposit back upon acceptance of the vehicle. If I say I don't want it, they keep their $2500 and sell the vehicle to the next buyer.

Thanks!

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
Hey

In discussion with a dealer here, he said they require a $2500 deposit if I decide to order (ie build) my Journey.

Thanks!

Brad

You should come see my guy here in St. Catharines. He was awesome with us. They have a bunch coming in - not sure if blue. I ordered mine mid-March and it was here a week ago Tuesday. The $1000 deposit, is our down payment, I think withouth Friends and Family discount, it would have been around $500/month.

Angie

Actually we just saw this interesting colour, it was Silver Metalic or something. Wasn't silver per say, but interesting!

If you can get me your deal, I'll drive down to St Catherine's tonight :)

We test drove that. It looked blue/silver from one angle. Almost Green/silver from another.

It was my second choice for a color

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...