Check Engine Issue

So today after starting my 2011 Journey, my check engine light comes on and my ambient temperature reads -40. Gas cap is on tight. Are these two issues related at all? I’d hate to have to replace the temp sensor if this might be some weird malfunction.

thanks,

Tim

88627734-71EE-4A7F-B18F-8E60AB7B1200.jpeg

• 2 years later...
On 6/12/2018 at 3:09 PM, timduncan86 said:

So today after starting my 2011 Journey, my check engine light comes on and my ambient temperature reads -40. Gas cap is on tight. Are these two issues related at all? I’d hate to have to replace the temp sensor if this might be some weird malfunction.

thanks,

Tim

88627734-71EE-4A7F-B18F-8E60AB7B1200.jpeg

On 6/12/2018 at 5:53 PM, larryl said:

could be a sign of a weak battery

Hello, today I had that problem, the engine light came on and the temperature marks -40 , replacing the temperature sensor you fix it?

well since the org poster never came back with an answer ( a 2 time poster) we will never know as suggested check your codes and also report back for others when you get it fixed,,,,most likely a thermostat problem or just extreme cold that you are experiencing, you could use a piece of cardboard to help from getting so much cold hitting the rad , nut i would just have the state changed out it that is the code

32 minutes ago, Armando G said:

Thanks for the update. If I'm reading correctly, you changed the sensor and it fixed the CEL?

hi my problem was that the temperature on the dashboard was -40 and the engine light came on
In the scanner I got the code p0073 what was the ambient air temperature sensor

I replaced it and the temperature was corrected and it only ran the car a few miles and the engine light went out