How do you remove the PDC?

I haven't found a youtube video, or a manual describing how to remove the Power Distribution Center.  I want to pull it up and look how corroded it is on the bottom side.  I am assuming that I disconnect the power feed and then do something with the grey handles.  But would really like to find where someone else has done this before.  Nothing on the internet, yet, have I seen.

Anyone here have advice or experience removing the PDC on a 2015 DJ?

IMG_0974sm.JPG

Ok.  I found nothing on how to remove the PDC/TPIM from the DR.  So I just dug in. 

1. Disconnect the 15mm nut holding the power lead going into the PDC (under the red plastic cover). 

2. Then lift up on the grey leverage handles while pushing on the tab locking the grey handle down.  There is a tab on both sides of each handle. 

3. With both handles fully up and meeting in the middle, gently rock the unit around while pulling up.  Keep in mind there are about 50 pegs (male plugs) that are seated into the female receivers.  Once all are released you will have it in you hand.  This is a $400+ unit in your hand. 

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

On 5/30/2018 at 1:06 PM, Mudshack said:

I haven't found a youtube video, or a manual describing how to remove the Power Distribution Center.  I want to pull it up and look how corroded it is on the bottom side.  I am assuming that I disconnect the power feed and then do something with the grey handles.  But would really like to find where someone else has done this before.  Nothing on the internet, yet, have I seen.

Anyone here have advice or experience removing the PDC on a 2015 DJ?

IMG_0974sm.JPG

so what was your problem prior to wanting to remove the pdc and did this and cleaning what seems to be some corrosion that is shown?   just seen your second post, so i guess this fixed your shifting problem,,,, great job and yes you should make a u tube video wouldn't take you very long and it would be make you famous....

Edited by 2late4u