2012 Journey - OBDII code P0520 (Oil Pressure Switch)

Howitzer

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey R/T Ralleye, 3.6 L with the MIL light on. My code reader tells me it's a P0520 code (I've erased the code many times in the last few weeks, it keeps coming back).

"P0520 OBD-II Trouble Code: Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Malfunction. P0520 means there is a problem with a circuit in the engine oil pressure sensor, likely due to the oil pressure switch being defective."

Any advice on this one? I've read the intake manifold has to be removed to change out the oil pressure switch... any easier ways? I just bought the vehicle from a local dealer on February 7th (just over 3 months ago). Supposedly a "Certified Vehicle".... what a joke. I told the salesman about it, he has just ignored my texts...

When I'm driving down the road, I sometimes notice a somewhat lower than normal amount of oil pressure... is this a problem? Is there a connection between this code and lower oil pressure? How urgent is this issue?

Have you looked at the oil pressure while the light is on?  The switch is prone to shorting out. Of course it could be something else.

It *can* be replaced without disassembling the vehicle, but it is difficult. There are videos on youtube.

26 minutes ago, bramfrank said:

Have you looked at the oil pressure while the light is on?  The switch is prone to shorting out. Of course it could be something else.

It *can* be replaced without disassembling the vehicle, but it is difficult. There are videos on youtube.

I have been checking out the various Youtube.  I want the dealer I bought the vehicle from to do the work, hopefully.

my 2014 had a bad oil sender at about 45 k all i seen was the Gage was pegged at highest it could go, i was on vacation and as i have the max care warranty , i took it to the out of state dodge dealership they gave me a free rental and it was ready the next day ,cost me my ded of $100. otherwise with the rental the dealer said it would cost about $450 to 500. good luck on what ever you decide to do