My new toy

mkcarter

21 hours ago, JAWheat411 said:

I wonder what all is different from the 2017 to the 2018. I do have the 8" screen and no nav.

LMGTFY:

It has simplified the lineup by dropping the Crossroad Plus trim and has made last year’s optional third row of seats standard for 2018. Otherwise, a new dark-colored 19-inch wheel design that Dodge is calling Black Noise is now available on the Crossroad trim, and the brand’s popular Blacktop package—gloss-black exterior mirrors, grille, wheels, and roof rails—is now available on SE, SXT, and GT models.

Basically nothing but trim. It’s a tired 10 year old platform. I wonder how much longer they are going to keep it going. 

Edited by jkeaton

I read an article online that said that the Dodge Journey was going to have a complete redesign for 2019, but I don't know how credible it was.  They are apparently going to move production to Italy as well.  I hope it doesn't look like a dozen other SUV's that all look the same.  I like the fact that it has a unique look.

It might be time for a face lift though.

mechanical-idiot

10 hours ago, jkeaton said:

LMGTFY:

It has simplified the lineup by dropping the Crossroad Plus trim and has made last year’s optional third row of seats standard for 2018. Otherwise, a new dark-colored 19-inch wheel design that Dodge is calling Black Noise is now available on the Crossroad trim, and the brand’s popular Blacktop package—gloss-black exterior mirrors, grille, wheels, and roof rails—is now available on SE, SXT, and GT models.

Basically nothing but trim. It’s a tired 10 year old platform. I wonder how much longer they are going to keep it going. 

why not just keep improving the weak points and add a little more value and the journey could end up being a classic. VW had a winner with the bug as no matter how old it got you could always find parts for them and they worked great for what they were and the value they gave....to me if that is the new journey i would not be interested in it 

Edited by jkeaton

I hope it doesn't end up being a 2-row vehicle.  The biggest selling point for me of the Journey was that it was a 3-row vehicle, but wasn't a minivan (I already have one, and don't need a second thank you very much). It also isn't the enormous cost of a Durango.

FCA needs a modern 3 row budget-friendly platform since they didn't update the Grand Caravan when the Pacifica rolled out.  The Journey is a perfect balance for any family like mine (bunch of kids, already have a minivan, just need something for Dad to drive around every day, but still handle family hauling in a pinch).  A 2 row vehicle can't do that for me (4 kids now!)