Still a great buy

rob_ess

We bought it brand new when we found out we were having a 4th child. Yay. We bought a base SE with the 3rd row seat. 

We drove the heck out of it. This vehicle has been our family car, an Uber car, a mountain trail car, has been with us through multiple cross country trips, hit one deer,  been in the snow bank, as well as late oil changes, first spark plug change at 138k (manual schedules plug change every 30k), and we have only changed the tires once before last weekend. Gave it its first brake job and brake fluid and power steering pump fluid change and trans fluid change.

Has gone through wheel bearings front and back.

Little quarks... every now and then (maybe 7 or 8 times in the 4 years we have had it) all of the electronics shut off suddenly and go right back on. 

We have 140k on it now. We bought another Dodge (a grand caravan this time) because of the reliability we have had and the DJ will be my work commuter, fishing trip with the boys, and odds and ends car now.

I hated it in the beginning. Part of the dash came apart within a couple thousand miles, wheel bearing at 30k, under powered for its size, slow, cramped third row, etc. But it has been abused and has never left us stranded.

Would i recommend it? Absolutely. It has been great and we won't get rid of it. Still looks nice, drives like new, and so much about the DJ is overlooked. Like I said... I JUST changed the brakes for the first time. Never changed any bital component. 

Finally have a bad O2 sensor or Catylitic Converter which wont be hard to change.

I will say, you are one of the 'lucky' ones that has gone way too long without performing regular maintenance, and the car has kept on going. Good for you and definitely a great selling point for the DJ. I've owned non maintained cars in the past, and unfortunately it's ended in a very bad way (blown engine, slipping tranny, ruined front end, etc). Should kind of feel like a new car after all of that work you did on it. Good luck with the van...I'm glad I'm done with the van phase of my life now that my 4 kids are pretty much grown, but our van did serve us very well as a family.