2012 power loss while driving

I have this problem:

Start up sounds weird,

The Electronic Satbility Control lamp (yellow) lits up and I can't deactivate it. (drives okay).

The Electronic Throttle Control lamp lits up and I have a power loss. When you've just merged in front of a semi, those 200 feet are not enough. (Brown pants time here...).

Takes an eternity to reach 50 Kph (about 30 Mph) and I have to use the manual shift to do so.

Sometimes, the other ESC lamp (red) lits up. but today, it's the Check Engine that comes up, and stays on.

Shutting the engine used to work (User manual reccomendations for the ETC lamp) but not any more.

I have an appointment next week about some recalls and I will ask them to hook it up a diagnostic machine but I'd still like an opinion about this.

I had a lot of problems with this car; breaks (four discs and calipers), Blutooth module, cruise control module, those were covered by warranty.

Breaks again, rear discs and calipers (not covered...), the transmission kicks when I'm almost stopped (feels like a trailer with a bad hitch), not constant when it's time to change speeds.

Doors creaks when I close them, no matter what type of grease I put on them and the climate control tends to "forget" my settings.

And now, this. Depending of what the tech will tell me, this might be my last Dodge...

Dodge.jpg

Transmission kicks when almost stops , mine has done this since I bought it , worse when I first start out most other time it’s okay . 

As as for the rest it sounds like the car is going in to limp home mode . 

As for brakes get get away from factory parts and get good after market rotors and pads. I am done for new pads on the front of mine so I got about 30,000 miles off the front brakes . 

You need to get it scanned for codes in order to determine a course of action, otherwise, we are all just guessing. Parts stores will read the codes for you. Once you have the codes, post them here and we can help. All vehicles have issues. Some are more bothersome than others. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

Update:

Fresh out of the garage and it's the Throttle Body that needs to be replace. Estimate is 681.60 for parts and One hour of labour at 114.95$.

The darn truck is only six years old with only 68,000 some kilometers.

and with all the other stuff they found, it would cost me 3,647.46$ to fix everything.

I've had cars twice that old and never had to put more than 500$ per years (including breaks and tyres). 

12 hours ago, Justpassingby said:

Update:

Fresh out of the garage and it's the Throttle Body that needs to be replace. Estimate is 681.60 for parts and One hour of labour at 114.95$.

The darn truck is only six years old with only 68,000 some kilometers.

and with all the other stuff they found, it would cost me 3,647.46$ to fix everything.

I've had cars twice that old and never had to put more than 500$ per years (including breaks and tyres). 

Cars twice as old dont have all the computers and electronics on cars these days. You cant compare the two. I'd be looking for a used TB from a junk yard. I see you're in Canada. Too bad, I can buy a new TB from a parts store for less than $200 and install it myself. 

Is it the throttle body or the throttle body sensor that is the problem?  The sensor is on the gas pedal.  You need to purchase the gas pedal (which comes complete with the sensor).  3 or 4 bolts and the sensor plugs into your wires with a small harness clip.  I just got one for mine at a salvage yard for 75 bucks Canadian.  You can also buy them on ebay.  Any mechanic could change it for you.  It's not Rocket Appliances (lol, little joke there for our members with an intelligent sense of humor).

All your symptoms point to the sensor, since I had the same problem and a guy I work with just had the exact same symptoms as you had and it was the sensor.  Ours is a 2012 and we got the pedal from a smashed 2013.  If you check with a dealer, I think it will fit up to a 2017.  Better double check that.

Check a salvage yard first and save yourself some very valuable Canadian $.  My dealer wanted 400 bucks for the part, but 2late4u reminded me to check a salvage yard.  I am glad that he reminded me.  I never even thought of the salvage yard.

If you are not near a salvage yard, call one and ask them if they will ship it to you.  Sometimes it is surprising how much they really do want to help you.

mechanical-idiot