Has Maxcare Delivered A ROI For You?

It is time to make the final decision on whether to invest in a Maxcare Lifetime Warranty.

I have already considered the warranty options and have decided, based on my personal situation and needs, that the Unlimited option is the way to go. No sense in spending a little less in my case for a lower version of coverage. I have read many recommendations from members here to buy it. I have downloaded the details from the proper websites but have not yet studied them to understand the limitation on time and mileage, which apparently do exist. I like the idea but I have one question to ask of the members.

Who here has actually used the warranty and come out ahead on the investment side? Who has had repairs done and actually saved enough to justify the warranty? Even if you have not used it on a Journey, but on another modern Chrysler product, I would like to hear of your experience.

well i have a 2014 crossroad and I bought the ins. soon after buying my journey,at about 45 k I had a oil sending unit go bad while on vacation and took it to the local dodge dealership they set me up with a rental and called the next day said it was ready, paid my ded of $100. and i asked him how much did they charge for this if no warranty and he said anywhere from $450 -500 not counting the rental car. so far that is all iv saved  so i am still behind on the cost of the policy and i hope i never have to use it again but with engines and transmission and other big money parts costing so much i am glad i bought it. first time in my life i ever bought a extended warranty but i plan on driving the wheels off this journey getting ready to put on new tires Monday and the local ford dealership have a side business going called quick lane they are nationwide and they offer a lifetime 4 wheel alignment for $179. unlimited amount of alignment any time i want as long as i own the car but it cannot be transferred to the next owner. so after getting my tires I am heading down there for the alignment, i figure after 2-3 visit i will be even or ahead on that as 4 wheel alignments cost about $70-90 around here.good luck on what ever you decide to do as all you really are doing id buying insurance in case you need it down the line. i bought my maxcare lifetime warranty thur http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Edited by 2late4u

On my 09 I’ve made out like a bandit by having my MaxCare Lifetime Warranty. I have the $100 deductible.  I paid about $1800 for it in 09. I’ve had the rear suspension replaced (struts, springs,etc), starter, AC condenser, front struts/springs, radiator recovery tank, thermostat, heater hose , blower motor all replaced under the warranty.  The rear suspension work was $1300 by itself!  The heater hose assembly was $550. I  got either a loaner or free rental each time.  There are a few more minor fixes too, but I think it’s well worth it.  Never had an issue getting anything covered.  Pull in, they fix it, pay my $100 and I’m out the door.

i just bought a 2018 Jeep Cherokee and got the same warranty on it, although I bought it online for about $700 less then my dealers best price ($3400 vs $2700 on line)

1 hour ago, OhareFred said:

On my 09 I’ve made out like a bandit by having my MaxCare Lifetime Warranty. I have the $100 deductible.  I paid about $1800 for it in 09. I’ve had the rear suspension replaced (struts, springs,etc), starter, AC condenser, front struts/springs, radiator recovery tank, thermostat, heater hose , blower motor all replaced under the warranty.  The rear suspension work was $1300 by itself!  The heater hose assembly was $550. I  got either a loaner or free rental each time.  There are a few more minor fixes too, but I think it’s well worth it.  Never had an issue getting anything covered.  Pull in, they fix it, pay my $100 and I’m out the door.

i just bought a 2018 Jeep Cherokee and got the same warranty on it, although I bought it online for about $700 less then my dealers best price ($3400 vs $2700 on line)

All those repairs and yet you still bought another FCA vehicle? Hehehehehe

Funny, real funny!

actually it’s BECAUSE of all those repairs I got the Cherokee.  Was all set to get a Tucson but my CJDR Dealer kept giving me their Jeep loaners every time I went in for service!  Fell in love with the Cherokee, I know their service department is top notch, and I KNOW the warranty works!  LMAO!

• 5 months later...

I also bought the Lifetime Bumper-Bumper Warranty, back in ‘09 I think I paid $1800 for it.   I think it was so cheap that year because in ‘07, ‘08 & ‘09 Chrysler vehicles came with Lifetime Powertrain, so the Bumper-Bumper warranty didn’t have to cover the power train.  As the previous poster mentioned, it comes with a $100 deductible, but my dealer waves the $100 if I bring it there for my service, since I bought the car and the warranty there.  That alone has save me the cost of the warranty.  Many similar warranties expire when the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, but that’s not the case with this warranty.  I currently have almost 300,000 miles and still going strong, so we’ll see how far I can take it.  My only fear is that someone will crash into my car, at this age it wouldn’t take much to total it and that would end the warranty.

Hope this helps, Happy Motoring....

11 hours ago, brwengel said:

I also bought the Lifetime Bumper-Bumper Warranty, back in ‘09 I think I paid $1800 for it.   I think it was so cheap that year because in ‘07, ‘08 & ‘09 Chrysler vehicles came with Lifetime Powertrain, so the Bumper-Bumper warranty didn’t have to cover the power train.  As the previous poster mentioned, it comes with a $100 deductible, but my dealer waves the $100 if I bring it there for my service, since I bought the car and the warranty there.  That alone has save me the cost of the warranty.  Many similar warranties expire when the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, but that’s not the case with this warranty.  I currently have almost 300,000 miles and still going strong, so we’ll see how far I can take it.  My only fear is that someone will crash into my car, at this age it wouldn’t take much to total it and that would end the warranty.

Hope this helps, Happy Motoring....

just remember the warranty only covers up to what the actual cash value of what the journey is worth at the the time of the repair, if it is more than the value of the journey they only cover that much minus the ded.

• 3 weeks later...

you had better reread it ,that stipulation is in the max warranty as i bought one in 2014.maybe it was changed but that is what in my paperwork and when i asked the rep on it he confirmed that..... one of our members just recently  had a transmission replaced under his max life, think he said it would have cost him about 5500 without the warranty ,  also the travel insurance when broke down goes away after a certain amount of time and miles

Edited by 2late4u