rear foglight conversion?

for some reason i was emailed THIS LINK from ebay today

it looks kinda cool actually, i was just wondering if anyone else has seen it? or looked into it?  or heck even done it?

when i type in the year it shows as compatible for the journey.............i kinda like it!

Edited by Bryman31

yes,i was thinking of adding some 5-6 inch white led light bar to each side,was going to just screw them on top of the reflector instead of replacing the whole unit as shown and was going to hook them up to the back up light wiring only to give better light when backing up. after getting the lights  the cost was i believe about $18 off amazon i decided to use them as lights under my hood so if needing to check the oil or something at night i would have a light i used a small switch to turn them on and off turned out nice.I would still like more light when backing up but these lights look like they do everything except the back up lights. if you do it give us some pics at night to see how it looks i seen one of the links from your link gives you a 25 percent discount off the lights....                          

Sold by: KAWELL $16.99 were the ones i bought   
Edited by 2late4u
spelling

4 hours ago, Bryman31 said:

also im hoping since the rear tail lights are ALREADY led from the factory it should not throw up any codes when these are wired into them.........

Honestly they may throw codes, while the tail lights are LED they will draw more power than the tail lights themselves. What I would do is just make sure whoever is selling them also offers support or a warranty for their product. Since the majority of the support they advertise is for the Grand Cherokee I imagine they will be able to offer a workaround if anything does go wrong ECM wise, but it never hurts to email them and make sure ahead of time. 

ok so an update............instead of the ebay ones (i youtubed a bunch of vids...those ebay ones are garbage)  i found a custom made in USA site.  their stuff looks VERY high quality i emailed them and this is their response.......

"You are correct, the lamp assemblies will work on your Dodge Journey. I would provide you with the wiring harness, LED bulbs, bulb sockets, hardware,  and wiring instructions. It would not be true “Plug and Play” but I would include simple to use t-taps that don’t require you to cut or splice any existing factory wiring. Then after you install the t-taps you would simply plug each corresponding wire into each one to activate the rear fogs. 
You would NOT need any resistors."

• 1 month later...

as in my previous post i did reorder the kawell lights and installed as i said above and ran the wires to my back up lights.... i have enough light now,  works great and yea you can see the 6 inch led light screwed onto of the red reflector but it doesn't look all that bad, for the price i like them a lot..

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

as in my previous post i did reorder the kawell lights and installed as i said above and ran the wires to my back up lights.... i have enough light now,  works great and yea you can see the 6 inch led light screwed onto of the red reflector but it doesn't look all that bad, for the price i like them a lot..

I was referring to the rear fog lights. The red ones that replace the reflector.