We attempted to purchase an extra FOB for our 2012 Dodge Journey about 3 months ago.  The ebay seller told me that he needed the FCC ID number in order for us to get the correct FOB for our Journey.  If you follow the topic below, you will see a video that shows a guy removing the RFHUB from the back of the vehicle.  The FCC ID number is on this part.

If you are purchasing a new FOB from a site on the net (not the dealer), you need the FCC ID number on your RFHUB to purchase the proper FOBs.  That number is on the cover of the RFHUB.   When I called the dealer about 3 months ago asking them where I could find this FCC ID number, nobody could tell me.  We were going to purchase an extra FOB, but ended up not doing it because we could not find our FCC ID number.

You may not have to remove the RFHUB from the vehicle.  You might be able to take a photo with your phone or use a mirror to see the code.  I don't think I would disconnect it.  I would try to get the code without removing it or disconnecting the wires.  I am not sure, but removing the unit may cause an issue?????  The less risk you take, the better chances of success.

Now, I really don't know a lot about mechanics.  I am just letting you know what was told to me.

You guys probably already know this.  I could't find anything specific about where the number is located on the vehicle etc.

I hope this helps others out.

s-l500.jpg