clunk

ltsmitty03

just joined because i have my first dodge. its a 2013 journey r/t awd and i read the forum about the transmission clunk when you shift from park to reverse and drive but that was four years ago and never really found out if it is a mechanical problem or a normal dodge thing would love some help???

normal sound for most journeys at times my 2011 did it more than my 2014 does there was a transmission flash that some have said helped check with your local dealership to see if its been done or if they could do it for no charge good luck usually it only happened to mine when i seemed to shift it too fast between one or the other,,,,,,,also the squeak or the noise you might hear from time to time going over bumps is kind of the same thing mostly from the struts is also a common standard complaint good luck and happy driving lots of great info check put the forum section for more info on what the posters are talking about