2017 Journey doesn't have nav

I purchased a 2017 dodge journey being told it has navigation the end of January.  went out of town 2 weeks ago to find it has traffic and maps thru Sirius radio to cities I won't ever go to.  Called Sirius and they said the cities can't be changed.  Is there a way to make the radio have nav on it without buying a new radio? I have the back up camera and 8.4 screen.  thank you

Sirius doesn't have maps, just spoken traffic reports for various major cities - perhaps they offer a service on other platforms, but not on the radios we get in our vehicles.

The in-vehicle navigation feature requires that you have the 8.4" touchscreen.  If you don't see a 'nav' soft key on the bottom row of icons then you have an RE2 which has no navigation and your only option to get in-dash nav is to buy a new radio.

I happen to have one for sale.

If you don't have the 8.4" display then you'll need to change the screen, dash bezel and some other components - and if you don't already have automatic air conditioning it starts getting really messy.

There is also the matter of real time traffic.  If you want this and you are shopping for a radio then it will need to be one from a newer Journey because the early ones did not support the service, which you need to subscribe to - THAT is provided by Sirius.

Only you can decide whether it is worth the cost to upgrade.

18 hours ago, Mmaynard said:

I purchased a 2017 dodge journey being told it has navigation the end of January.  went out of town 2 weeks ago to find it has traffic and maps thru Sirius radio to cities I won't ever go to.  Called Sirius and they said the cities can't be changed.  Is there a way to make the radio have nav on it without buying a new radio? I have the back up camera and 8.4 screen.  thank you

You bought it in January and are just now finding out it doesn't have navigation? You have to make sure you have everything in writing before signing the papers... salesman can be tricky little boogers. As bramfrank mentioned it can get expensive to outfit a non-nav Journey with the nav.