Key FOB only locks vehicle, does not unlock.

So, my wife and I have separate keys, the #1 key FOB works fully, which is the one that she has. The one that I have will lock the vehicle and everything else on the FOB works, but it wont unlock the vehicle. I have tried replacing the FOB battery and it did not work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Sounds like the unlock switch inside the FOBIK has failed. IF you know how to do surface mount component repair it is possible to replace just the switch, but you would need to have a replacement switch as they are not a commonly available part. The only other option is a replacement FOBIK and programming.

My dealer told me that they have to program the FOB for the specific vehicle, which makes total sense.  They cannot program a used FOB.  Purchase a new one only.  Also, not all the FOB's that you buy can be programmed.  They told me that they have been about 85% successful with programming them from ebay etc.  If you get them to program it and it does not work, you still have to pay for the programming fee.  I guess that makes sense.  It is not their fault if it does not work.

If you can fix it yourself, then way to go!  I hope you are able to fix it for free.

Best of luck.

mechanical-idiot