2010 Journey Horn randomly honking.

So, I am a Technician at a Chevrolet dealer who used to be a Mopar dealer. We had a customer come in with a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT and they had a complaint of the horn sounding when they turn the left turn signal on and proceed to turn and the horn sounds. We are starting with putting a clock spring in it and see if that fixes it. On another note, I as well have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT and our alarm starting sounding at 2 am. At first i thought it was the neighborhood we lived in, because honestly its not all flowers and rainbows. Then we stayed with my mother for some of her health issues, and we noticed that the car did it again, and there are rarely ever any break ins out in the country because, hey who wants to get shot and thrown in the woods to fed the wildlife. About a month or two later, it did it again, in the same area. So I know nobody is trying to break in. I have been reading on the forms for a couple of days now and i have not seen any recent posts about this issue for a while, I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is, and it will make my wife happy if there is a fix for this common Journey issue.