Converting Manual Drivers Seat to Power seat

camaronut

Came up with a power drivers seat from a wrecked 2015 Journey. 

I see the connections are already there on my 2017.

Is this a "plug & play" deal?

Has anyone done this conversion? 

If so, please give me a heads up on what to expect before I start.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

I looked underneath my seat....all the connectors are there with the same # of wires.  Looks like a typical "plug & play" scenario, but I'm concerned if the seat is controlled by the Body Control Module in any way, ------- means a trip to the stealership and $250.

I'll try it either way and fill everyone in after I'm done.  If I have to, I'll route my own power wires and do it that way outside the BCM.

I think I have to install a fuse in either the interior / underhood fuse panels to make the seat work.

Edited by camaronut

What's amazing is...you can't find a wiring diagram for a 2017 Journey anywhere on the net!!!  NUTS!!!

That's been the most frustrating part of this deal. 

So.....if you have a link to where I can get one....HELP!!!!!:)

Edited by camaronut

27 minutes ago, camaronut said:

What's amazing is...you can't find a wiring diagram for a 2017 Journey anywhere on the net!!!  NUTS!!!

That's been the most frustrating part of this deal. 

So.....if you have a link to where I can get one....HELP!!!!!:)

Still too new. 2017's are still under factory warranty. There is practically zero demand, so no one has taken the time. There are shop manuals available in CD for on ebay for a couple hundred, but even those don't come with wiring diagrams. New vehicles have literally miles of wiring and it's not something the manufacturer makes readily available to the end consumer. 

OK!!!   The jury is back and here's the Verdict.......

It's plug and play.....Just remove the manual seat and replace it with the power unit --- plug in the two connectors and it works like a champ.

One plug is for the air bags, and the larger one is for seat power and seat belt sensor.

So there you have it...it can be done without running to the stealership.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Mr. Fix it said:

Great to hear! I don't need this since i have the power seat already but is there a passenger seat upgrade as well?

There is not a readily available passenger power seat conversion. I'm sure it can be done, but is the payback worth the effort and cost?  How many times does your passenger need to adjust the seat?

4 hours ago, larryl said:

The harnesses are different from 2012-13 on

I have 2 real nice seats from an 11 that will not connect because of it in my 13, they bolt up fine though

Nothing a little soldering or wire splicing can't fix (assuming the same number of cables, and no safety devices exist inside the connector).  Just remember, if you set your car on fire, it's not my fault.