Body Side Moulding

lmoore1436

Has anybody found a place to get body side moldings anywhere beside the dealer? I was almost always able to find aftermarket companies that made them for MUCH cheaper than the $800.00 quoted by the dealer. I found some but they were chrome or black which isn't really what I was looking for. 

I have been looking at these. Just looking  for something to protect against door dings, etc.

https://www.carid.com/2016-dodge-journey-chrome-accessories/ses-trims-abs-body-side-moldings-531723545.html

The particular ones selected are the ones that I would use for my vehicle.

No affiliation and no experience with the supplier or product.

55 minutes ago, Summer Solstice said:

I have been looking at these. Just looking  for something to protect against door dings, etc.

https://www.carid.com/2016-dodge-journey-chrome-accessories/ses-trims-abs-body-side-moldings-531723545.html

your link is not showing the part you are trying to show us...ah just realized had to scroll down and hit continually 

Edited by 2late4u

Sorry about the link. I don't see an option for editing the earlier post. It was not my intention to link to a marketing site.

The part in question is SES Trims, Body Side Moldings, #531723545. Cost is roughly #160.00 for a DIY. You can find it by going to www . carid . com  and entering the number in the search box. Typing in the address takes you to the correct website but if you use a link, it is a redirect link that takes you to a marketing site. I don't like that at all and earns them 1 demerit.

You can find other options by searching by vehicle.

Again, no experience. Proceed at your own risk. 

On 2/17/2018 at 5:53 PM, Summer Solstice said:

CarID is pretty good... I've bought a few things from them in the past and haven't had any issues. As far as the moldings though I'm not a huge fan of the chrome look. I wanted to find some that can be body-color painted. For my last few vehicles I've been able to find multiple companies on sites like amazon and third party parts companies that have the color codes, but no dice with the DJ.