Goodbye Journey, Hello Durango!

onecrazyfoo4u

Well, after almost 6 years we've decided to trade the DJ in for something bigger for our family of 3 kids.  The Journey was just getting too small with the three carseats/boosters.  We bought it new in 2012 and it treated us well for 130k miles.  Only a couple minor recalls, lots of brake replacements, and basically just fluids and filters.  Really never had any major issues.  It treated us so well we decided to stick with Dodge and absolutely loved the Durango's.  Ended up getting a slightly used 2017 Durango GT loaded with nearly every option.  I love the new tech and entertainment centers on these things.  So many dang options and gadgets to play with!  Hopefully we can keep the Durango for just as long as the DJ.  I've posted some items for sale that I had left over in the garage.  Posted the only pic I have of the new Durango.  

Later DJ gang, it's been fun!!!

IMG_20180112_202632585.jpg

Congrats man, been thinkin real hard about makin the same switch. I every time I go to the dealer for an oil change I look at the Durangos in stock, sit in a few, and play with the buttons. It is a sweet ride. My wife likes the Citadel, but that truck is just too nice to be draggin through the woods for hunting. Maybe if I only camped it would be an option for me, but I just can't see myself throwing a deer or hog in the back of one.

7 minutes ago, km-04 said:

Congrats man, been thinkin real hard about makin the same switch. I every time I go to the dealer for an oil change I look at the Durangos in stock, sit in a few, and play with the buttons. It is a sweet ride. My wife likes the Citadel, but that truck is just too nice to be draggin through the woods for hunting. Maybe if I only camped it would be an option for me, but I just can't see myself throwing a deer or hog in the back of one.

Haha yeah I definitely wouldn't be hunting in the Durango.  I've got the truck for that ;).  The Durango feels so much more dang smooth suspension wise and the new 8-speed tranny is amazing!  I was getting really tired of the DJ clunky tranny, this new one is like butter.  Can't even feel when it shifts. 

To me, the most amazing part is still the killer gas mileage.  We gained almost 1000 lbs, and added AWD, and it gets the exact same mpg as the DJ.  Much better than the Traverse, Acadia, and Tahoe's that we were comparing against.

Very nice! I love the Durangos too, I don't have any kids though and I just bought the DJ a year ago but every time I see one I think to myself, "man thats a bad a** lookin SUV"! Once the DJ is paid off maybe I'll make the switch, all the safety aids are pretty appealing too (ACC, blind spot, emergency braking, etc). Hope you love it, and don't forget about us!

7 hours ago, onecrazyfoo4u said:

Haha yeah I definitely wouldn't be hunting in the Durango.  I've got the truck for that ;).  The Durango feels so much more dang smooth suspension wise and the new 8-speed tranny is amazing!  I was getting really tired of the DJ clunky tranny, this new one is like butter.  Can't even feel when it shifts. 

To me, the most amazing part is still the killer gas mileage.  We gained almost 1000 lbs, and added AWD, and it gets the exact same mpg as the DJ.  Much better than the Traverse, Acadia, and Tahoe's that we were comparing against.

Oh, I'd hunt with a Durango, just not the Citadel. I firmly believe that if I get a truck I'm gettin one to USE, not to look pretty. It's gonna get dirty and have a ding or two in the fender or quarter panel from sliding in the mud on a trail in the woods. I am NOT parking at the far end of the parking lot, sideways taking up multiple spots just so nobody parks close to it and risk gettin a door ding or scratch.

Edited by km-04