Curious about the Grille Badge - 2012 Journey

mechanical-idiot

Just noticed that the grille badge on our 2012 Dodge Journey does not contain the two red stripes that everyone else seems to have on the far right.  ??????  Perhaps the grille is an aftermarket replacement since we purchased it used?????  Not the end of the world, but it leaves you wondering about it.  Weird.  Does anyone else have one like this?

mechanical-idiot

Only an idiot answers his own questions!  I just spoke to my neighbor and he claims that part way through 2012, Dodge started putting the two red stripes on the front grille of the Journey.  He says that some of them have it and some of them don't.  I guess that it makes sense, if he is correct, which he might be since he is a huge Dodge fan.

Mehchanical-idiot

When I purchased our 2012 DJ  sitting in the sales office I noticed the same on other DJs. I asked and was told that models produced in the later part of 2012 had a new badge ( red stripes). So, in the deal I said take off the older style badge and put a newer style on. LOL