2010 Journey R/T anti-theft enabled while changing battery

So I had to change out my dead battery. After getting it hooked up, the little red light is on on the instrument panel. Wipers are on and won't turn off. I'm assuming an anti-theft thing engaged or something. The vehicle will start, but no interior lights or anything. I have tried to use the actual key to unlock the doors, disconnected the terminals and touched the wires together to "drain the vehicle", left the battery unhooked for 2 hours, and done everything else I could possibly think of. I need ideas. I swear this vehicle does everything it can to keep me from driving it.

So nothing? No one has ever ran into this issue? The vehicle starts up and will drive fine. Just with no inside lights, no working radio/navigation, rear wiper doesn't work, and the wipers are going. I can't see this vehicle having to be taken to a dealership just because you change the battery.

I changed my battery and had no issues at all.  Something got knocked loose, or something failed at the same time.  I doubt changing the  battery caused all this.

On the neg cable there are a couple of wires along with the  battery cable. Check by the battery, maybe one broke or isn’t connected.

good luck!