Recent repair items

BrianS

Not sure if this is the correct place for this or not, but didn't seem to be anywhere else for it so here we go. Mods can move it if it's in the wrong spot.

Recently, I had my blower motor replaced... that's covered in another section.

While I had it at the dealer, the tech discovered a couple other items that surprised me so thought I would mention them so everyone could check theirs. The windshield washer  nozzles needed to be replaced. Apparently, they are notorious for leaking under hood where the tubes connect. And, the washer pump was leaking, so it was replaced.This makes no sense, but it is what it is. I could see if I put water in it, and it froze but I kept winter washer fluid in all year so who knows. And, the last thing that really DID cause me a bit of concern was the rubber bushings (grommets? strut bearings?) that had to be replaced. I wasn't able to determine which.. will look at the service order again. I've only got 43,000KM on it, about 25k miles approx. and suspension parts are starting to wear? I thought that was a bit premature. 

Yes, they've taken good care of me. We've purchased 2 vehicles from them... one used and one new, and the new one wasn't the DJ. I bought the DJ at another dealer and after their service department p'd me off I told them to kiss it as I left the last time and I will never go back there. 

The suspension parts were the upper rubber strut bushings. I didn't notice anything, but they said they were "noisy". It's all good.