i have recieved a GENEROUS gift...

Bryman31

a friend of mine has a diesel truck that he is trading in for a new one and he has this OBD II gauge thing he has offered to give me.  he says its a year old, and wants the newer programmable model for his new truck. i said OK bring it to me!!  used may be used but hell free is free!!

its a Insight CTS2.  i thought it was a programmer at first till i googled it.  strictly a monitor device.  now that being said im a monitor freak.  and it might look kinda cool having another screen going on haha.

that being said.  anyone else have anything like this they use?  im sure there aren't any cons since its just the obdII port but still  i don't want to fry anything if i install it.  the car only has 1000 miles on it LOL

3 hours ago, jkeaton said:

I would  make sure it will work on a gas engine before plugging it in.....

good call.  i actually just tested him.  i was wrong he is selling his truck to GET a new diesel.  his current truck is gasoline and too sluggish when pulling his trailer camper i guess.  so it IS in fact a gas model. 

Two things...

• Great product, mostly if you have a performance car that you want to monitor and tweak with the performance (had one previously). As far as having on a daily driver, for me too much information is sometimes not good. I personally start freaking out too easily when I see something not quite right, even though it is not a problem. Use it with a bit of discretion, but very nice to have.
  • More importantly, your buddy offered you a free, pretty darn good item, and you got him to deliver it for free on top of that?!?! DAMN, he must be a nice guy...:thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, Armando G said:

Two things...

• Great product, mostly if you have a performance car that you want to monitor and tweak with the performance (had one previously). As far as having on a daily driver, for me too much information is sometimes not good. I personally start freaking out too easily when I see something not quite right, even though it is not a problem. Use it with a bit of discretion, but very nice to have.
  • More importantly, your buddy offered you a free, pretty darn good item, and you got him to deliver it for free on top of that?!?! DAMN, he must be a nice guy...:thumbsup:

i know right he says you have a new car, how about a cool little monitor system.  i say sure but why, he says i want the new version when i get my new truck!  i looked it up and its a couple hundred bucks.  i was shocked!!