Battery Temp Sensor

EJF

Good Evening All. I am new to the forum. I got myself into a little bind and was hoping someone else here has had the same problem as me. I have a 15 DJ and everyone who’s changed the  battery knows it’s a pain. Well while I was taking the battery out I couldn’t fit my fat hand in there to take the neg cable off so figured I would drop the batt down as much as I can to disconnect it. Well batt fell broke Batt Temp sensor. My question is I won’t have to $78 to buy a new on for a few day. Does the Alt still charge the battery at like a default setting?  Thank you I’m advance and looking forward to my time here on the Forum. 

• 11 months later...

I am running into the same problem, the mechanic is fixing it now. Basically, the battery temp sensor fried when we changed the battery. Well without the temp sensor the car has no electronics, it will jump start and run but after you take the jump box away the electronics all go dead. So it is a 70-100 dollar part but I would change it, and hopefully next time we learn how to change the battery and temp sensor without breaking it. 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2015,journey,3.6l+v6,3309784,electrical,battery+temperature+sensor,10478

Edited by ml1187