2013 Dodge Journey 3.6 R/T a/t FWD not shifting gears

Meshp

Good day All,

My dodge Journey intermittently gets stuck in a low gear and refuses to change into a higher one - note its an automatic trans. Also when reversing, the vehicle does not move no matter how much you accelerate. It just revs up and shudders. Did anyone else have a similar issue? and may i ask what the fix was?

Help and advise would be appreciated. The workshops want an arm and leg to overhaul entire transmission. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you have lost reverse and having gear sticking issues going forward, there is something internally wrong with the transmission that probably can't be diagnosed over the internet. Get it to a proper transmission repair facility and at least have them perform an inspection that should not cost an arm and a leg, then you can decide if it's worth it to repair. 

Edited by jkeaton

I had something similar happen to mine when it was only a few months old. Not sure about the reverse as I never tried it, but it would not shift out of low gear.  Several starts, and restarts, and it started acting normally again. The end result was a bad sensor in the transmission. 43,000km and the problem hasn't returned.