Rear blower motor

Shawn855

Bought a used 2016 Dodge journey. It only has bout 35k miles on it. When the rear climate controls are being used, you can hear the whirring of the blower motor located in the back corner. Is it normal to be able to hear it at all? I don't have another Journey to compare with to see if it's considered normal or not, and my bumper to bumper warranty runs out soon so I'm trying to ensure everything is in perfect condition before it runs out.

Thanks

5 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Yup. You should still be under factory warranty. Use it.

Yeah I intend to, I was just making sure it's not normal. I never drove a vehicle that had an entirely separate blower motor for the rear climate so I don't know what's considered normal noise vs not normal noise. 

1 minute ago, jkeaton said:

Good deal.  Ours has never made any noise. Make sure you can duplicate it for the dealer. 

Yeah it seems louder when you first turn it on for a few mins so shouldn't be a problem. I'll report back with the results. Thanks guys/gals 

Do you guys get hot air coming out of the ceiling vents in the rear? Reading online, some people are saying the heat only comes from the bottom, not the top, while others are saying the only way for the heat to work in the rear is by driving. I drove a half hour, then idled in my driveway when I tested it, so technically I wasn't driving when I played with it. 

7 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

On ours, heat only comes out the floor vents. Only blows out the roof vents in AC mode. 

Hrrrm interesting. I have 3 options for rear heat: face, feet, or both. Face goes to the ceiling but no heat. Feet SHOULD come from under the driver and passenger seats (I can see little vents there i think) but I didn't feel any air flow coming from there myself. 

Final update - Rear climate shoots some nice warm heat if the vehicle is driving around. Drove to work and while driving, I put my hand in the rear ceiling vent and it was nice and toasty.  Hope this topic helps those are as OCD as I am haha.

Thanks guys