Rear door locks

Shawn855

I noticed my passengers in the read cannot unlock the doors by themselves when exiting the vehicle, unless I manually press the unlock button. I made sure the child lock is on the off position but it's still happening. Is this by design or am I missing something? 2016 Journey btw. 

thanks!

The master door lock control on/off button is still activated. In addition to the child safety on the ends of the rear open doors, you need to give control to the individual doors. Look on your driver's side door arm rest below the rear window controls. There is a button that you press , that will give or remove all lock controls every time you press it. 

3 hours ago, probak118 said:

The master door lock control on/off button is still activated. In addition to the child safety on the ends of the rear open doors, you need to give control to the individual doors. Look on your driver's side door arm rest below the rear window controls. There is a button that you press , that will give or remove all lock controls every time you press it. 

The only button below the rear window controls, is the button that prevents them from lowering their windows. There's no other button that i can see. See screenshot. 

23843391_10155433265263557_7674929865125284702_n.jpg

2 hours ago, larryl said:

It might be in your settings on the EVIC display

lol no, it's not in there either. I read elsewhere online that the rear doors will only unlock if:

-I open my driver or front passenger door, then all doors will unlock

-they manually pull the unlock pin located on their door

-I press the unlock button myself

To me, there should be an option where if i put my car in park, all doors should unlock, or at the very least allow the rear passengers to exit on their own. Just seeing if I'm missing anything here. 

Maybe this will be helpful. . . 

From the 2011 manual:

Automatic Door Locks — If Equipped
When enabled, the door locks will lock automatically
when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h). The
Automatic Door Locks feature can be enabled or disabled
by your authorized dealer. See your authorized dealer for
programming.
Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with
power door locks if:
1. The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature is en-
abled.
2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h).
3. The transmission is in NEUTRAL or PARK.
4. The driver door is opened.
5. The doors were not previously unlocked.
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
To change the current setting, refer to “Uconnect Touch™
Settings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for
further information.
NOTE: Use the Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature
in accordance with local laws.

Peace.

9 hours ago, probak118 said:

Crap...sorry Shawnn855 my mistake, your are correct. It must have been in the settings as mentioned but, I know I changed it to automatic ( they are not locked when car stops.).

All good man. I'll take a look in my display settings again but I'm like 90 percent sure I have the "auto unlock on exit" option already enabled. Will report back soon.

The auto unlock option was in fact already enabled. Tried disabling and reenabling it to make sure but still all doors remain locked when I come to a full stop and put the car in park. Only way for the doors to unlock is when I open my door, or when I press the master unlock button on my driver side. 

23915560_10155436543903557_8576752518418838293_n (1).jpg