2013 would not go in drive BUT does in reverse...

Jaybird

New to the forum... have a 2013 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6L and just had the "transmission kick solenoid pack" replaced now the truck goes in reverse but not in drive. Was messing around and found this strange thing out:

If I turn the truck on put it in Drive, let it run for more than one minute, shut engine off, open and then close front door AND repeat this process again...

The third time I turn on the engine and put the truck in Drive, it pulls right off??? Strange... drove it around subdivision and it drove fine, reversed into my driveway, fine but went to Drive- did not move? Turned engine off not sure 

whats wrong with my 2013 Journey? Anyone had a similar event happen or have any suggestions?  

Edited by Jaybird

1 hour ago, OhareFred said:

Going in reverse will make it easier to get it on the flatbed to get it towed to whoever screwed it up.  Opening and closing doors has NOTHING to do with your trans.  This kinda sounds like some b.s. but if you really have a problem tow it back.

i think Anthony is behind some of these recent post   LOL